Trader disappreciation thread (Trader Complaints)

rtbiscuit

Like i said i think its a terrible idea for a thread and i get the sense that this is nothing more than a witch hunt aimed at certain trader/traders. The forum team has dealt with genuinely bad traders before like Rik and Japspeed who have been hung, drawn and quartered quickly on the forum for everyone to see.

Of course no one is perfect and not everyone will always get it right but bringing up an issue with a generally respected forum trader from two years ago is just not on imho. :thumbdown:

Agree 100% Dave. Being a former Mod you know what went on behind the scenes when we have made decisions on getting rid of traders.

You know why there have been delays on these things? The team fighting like hell to get the members money back before the trader is banned.

We take complaints very seriously.

It just smacks of tittle tattle gossip from people who have nothing better to discuss

^ I'm confused how is that gossip that a trader sold something as a perfect fit which turned out to cost the buyer 400€ extra! I agree that having a thread plainly open for posting random rant isn't a good idea but making public of complaints would be healthy for the members of the forum. Obviously another route would be to have a separate forum created run by some of the members and let google do it's thing... I for one don't want to spend a single €/$/£ with any traders not looking after their customers. :console: And the traders keeping their slate clean would be where I spent my monies @. I look here or post here first and tend to rather spend with someone on here then some unknown person on the wild web.

I don't agree with this thread at all...it should be closed in my opinion :thumbdown:

It's the same principle with eBay and how they've stopped the ability to give buyers negative feedback. It's the opposite way round in this case but I just don't agree with it due to the hassle involved and some people being VERY difficult to please. (this is not pointed in any direction whatsoever, this is just my general opinion)

If you have an issue with a trader, take it up with them via PM. If nothing is resolved then I'm sure mods could help?

If a trader is that bad, I'm sure they will lose the right to trade on here?

I don't agree with this thread at all...it should be closed in my opinion :thumbdown:

It's the same principle with eBay and how they've stopped the ability to give buyers negative feedback. It's the opposite way round in this case but I just don't agree with it.

If you have an issue with a trader, take it up with them via PM. If nothing is resolved then I'm sure mods could help?

for all that we know there might be stuff happening in the background that never come to public to the public domain. I didnt know that Ebay had taken that ability off, a bit skewed IMO.

Correct on all accounts.

It just smacks of tittle tattle gossip from people who have nothing better to discuss

^ I'm confused how is that gossip that a trader sold something as a perfect fit which turned out to cost the buyer 400€ extra! I agree that having a thread plainly open for posting random rant isn't a good idea but making public of complaints would be healthy for the members of the forum. Obviously another route would be to have a separate forum created run by some of the members and let google do it's thing... I for one don't want to spend a single €/$/£ with any traders not looking after their customers. :console: And the traders keeping their slate clean would be where I spent my monies @. I look here or post here first and tend to rather spend with someone on here then some unknown person on the wild web.

So Anders, does the supplier mentioned still sell those exact skirts? Were they a bad example out of a generally good fit? Should we still avoid them if they have changed their supplier in the past 2 years because one person had a bad experience? Was the customer in the wrong for getting them painted before test fitting?

Dragging something menial like this up, two years on, is not cricket imo.

only example i have since i sold up 2 years ago; to be fair on mitz, its possibly more a RIK issue than a CS issue as its possible he sold them on through good faith from his supplier. my point is this forum is not condusive to anything other than positives. there is no accountability. yes the contact should be with the trader first, and i like the idea of it going though the mods first, but at the end of the day the info should go out to the club.if the issue was resolved then its no bad slur on the trader as they fixed the issue. but if there are repeat problems, then why should we as a forum continue to encourage/and supply business to them.

my issue is i have been around here long enough and been to meets and spoken to alot of members in my time i hear. i hear of lots of issues with different traders etc, but no one ever says anything; you only ever hear the positives.

no one ever speaks out because there are billions of posts about different traders about how brilliant they are at posting items, or that they serviced the car correctly, or that they supplied items that no one else has. and then the moderating team all jump in and say how they all have exemplar records.

no one complains around here, then people get bad service and they keep quiet.

i know of badly fitted kits,

badly painted kits,

items sold as new when they are 2nd hand

items branded as manufactered items when they are actually knock offs.

parts not supplied

work carried out badly

damage to cars

jobs that take months instead of weeks

these points aren;t aimed at one trader, they are aimed at several

this thread may not be the best way of putting the issue across, but i'm high lighting an issue thats been going on fro ages. and because of the way the forum is setup, no one feels comfortable coming forward and saying anything.

i run my business on word of mouth; i try to do my best and if i make a mistake i fix it. i don;t need a thread from people saying that i'm doing my job properly. i know i am thats why customers come back.

Correct on all accounts.

So Anders, does the supplier mentioned still sell those exact skirts? Were they a bad example out of a generally good fit? Should we still avoid them if they have changed their supplier in the past 2 years because one person had a bad experience? Was the customer in the wrong for getting them painted before test fitting?

+1 You've hit the nail on the head :thumbs:

This will become a thread involved with too much politics. It will come to a point where the thread will have so many mixed opinions that people will not have the confidence of using the posts on here to make an accurate decision on a purchase etc.

Why should there be a thread on here for members with negative feedback? I'm sure all traders on this forum is meant to hit specific requirements set out by the mods?

What this thread will end up suggesting is that mods and admins on this forum are allowing both good and bad traders to trade on this forum, when they obviously aren't (only allowing traders who they have confidence in). In my opinion all traders on this forum must be 100% or they will not have the honour of trading on here.

Correct on all accounts.

I don't have these answers. Point is, seller stated PERFECT FIT <<<

Customer was wrong in that he trusted the seller IMO, but that change the above statement that the seller stated. Maybe if you had a thread similar to OP's suggestion the seller would make sure the stuff sold was of better quality I'm sure. I'm just agreeing that the members on here should know what's what and make their own mind what to do with their hard earned monies. For the record I'm just taking what was stated in this thread as fact, nothing else.

Correct on all accounts.

Also, there is no reference to whether CS was contacted about the skirts, what his response was etc. I would say that CS wasn't given the right to reply as RT had already painted the skirts so couldn't send them back........CS may have happily had the skirts back and rectified the situation, had RT not painted them.

There are far too many issues for this concept to be fair and successful,without employing a ull time mediator.....

Agree with the sentiments of many in this thread, in that having a thread of this type serves no positive purpose. If it gets to 20 or 30 pages long over a few months, who is going to sit there and read all the thread before making a decision to purchase from a trader or not?

Currently the process works much like it does everywhere else. Any member affected takes up their issue with the trader via PM. Sent and received PMs are kept by both parties, and if no amacable resolution can be found, the team can be contacted (by either the trader or the customer depending on who has the grievance) - the team will then endevour to resolve the sitiuation between the two parties. If the actions of one side are deemed inappropriate behaviour then we can (and have) taken action to remove them from the forum (while still ensuring that communication channels outside the forum are maintained. Often the threat of removal from trading or being a member of the forum is enough to focus the mind of the trader or customer depending on who is at fault.

If there are problems with traders, then they are made very apparent by many customers in tha traders own area of the forum. There is no need for a "bashing" thread. We dont have threads specifically designed to bash other clubs or people that dont trade here, so I see no reason why we should have one bashing people that do trade here.

We can at some point in the future look for a "feedback" system for the forum (for all members including traders) - so that an verall picture can be seen similar to ebay, but until that is implemented I we would ask that the common courtesy approach be undertaken as per above.

I think you or a small group have a personal issue with others if I'm honest.

I think you are sh*t stirring unnecessarily,

There, I have said it. This is my view and not a team view but I wanted to air it.

Correct on all accounts.

I don't have these answers. Point is, seller stated PERFECT FIT <<<

For the record I'm just taking what was stated in this thread as fact, nothing else.

And this is what is wrong with this thread. You are taking one person's opinion, as fact, which cannot be verified without both sides o any story....