Dead passenger window...any ideas?

DP7657

Hi guys, that time of the month again where something in the Zed wants to stop working...

The passenger side window has died completely, doesn't respond to either controls (fortunately it has stopped in the fully closed position).

I was cleaning the windows and interior yesterday and think some cleaning spray may have got down the gaps and possibly into the electrics unless it is a total coincidence that it broke after that.

I'm hoping it might dry out and start working again but fear it probably wont. Any advice for a good place to get it checked / get new parts?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi guys, that time of the month again where something in the Zed wants to stop working...

The passenger side window has died completely, doesn't respond to either controls (fortunately it has stopped in the fully closed position).

I was cleaning the windows and interior yesterday and think some cleaning spray may have got down the gaps and possibly into the electrics unless it is a total coincidence that it broke after that.

I'm hoping it might dry out and start working again but fear it probably wont. Any advice for a good place to get it checked / get new parts?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

If you have not accidently locked the window whilst cleaning then this will fix it.

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=43453

Alex. :)

Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this solution so quickly :( I'm going to give it a day or 2 of hoping and praying and then I'll probably get back to you on the new motor.

Thanks

Did you read the first line of my previous post?

Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this solution so quickly :( I'm going to give it a day or 2 of hoping and praying and then I'll probably get back to you on the new motor.

Thanks

Did you read the first line of my previous post?

+1 that sounds like exactly what has happened...........and if it has we will point and laugh and poke you with a stick. :lol:

Alex - thanks, yeah I did read it but didn't think I had actually been that stupid...

Yes - I was that stupid, must've pressed it during my interior cleaning session :blush: I had totally forgotten about that button! Having read around the subject this morning it seems as I can join a long list of us who have thought our window was broken only to realise it was locked :bang:

Thanks guys! :clap:

Alex - thanks, yeah I did read it but didn't think I had actually been that stupid...

Yes - I was that stupid, must've pressed it during my interior cleaning session :blush: I had totally forgotten about that button! Having read around the subject this morning it seems as I can join a long list of us who have thought our window was broken only to realise it was locked :bang:

Thanks guys! :clap:

Literally let a bit of wee out its that funny :lol:

14393d1117651123-pokey-stick-smiley-poke.gif