Need help

DoubleDeuce1973

Hi all,

As some of you know, front OEM Y section is damaged and I am in the process of getting a used one swapped over. This really is just a temporary measure as the exhaust is looking pretty shabby all round and I am considering my options with an aftermarket exhaust.

I want a full cat back system but don't have a massive amount of money to spend. Looked at the scorpion but don't like the sound very much, although it looks pretty nice. Thought I had found what I want in the Blueflame but the more I listen to the clips I have found the more I am going off it. Quite like the look, and sound of the miltek but really stretching the budget (unless someone knows where I can get one cheap or used :teeth: )

I am not looking for anything loud, but I would like it to sound a little sporty under higher revs. Running OEM cats and will need to be like this for a while, any suggestions?

Milltek sounds like it would be perfect for you but best part of £800... i would say save up as if you get something your not sure of you will regret it and it will cost you more in the long run... also dont take vid clips for granted come along to a meet and hear them in the flesh. Have yoi considered a pop charger as a cheap alternative while you save up?

That's a tricky one as the deeper exhasuts are harder to tune meaning more R&D, which equals more cost. A cheap exhaust will normally rasp as that's the result of the harsh noises not being tuned out correctly. Pay the money for the miltek and you will get exactly what you want. Go cheap and you may find you don't like what you get. As stated a pop charger or other equivelant cone filter, although power robbing to some degree due to heat soak (~5hp?) will more grunt to the sound of the engine so is a good place to start :)

Will have a look into a pop charger as an option.

Miltek seems to be ticking all of the boxes, anyone know where I can get hold of one for the best price. Have found a system on Ebay for £886 that the company is willing to fit for free (if I take the car to Wrexham - 75 miles away) which appears to be the best deal so far. Others seem to be similar price but without fitting, which I have been advised would be anything from £60 - £100.

Sorry Ricey :console:

Bear in mind I have only seen clips on youtube but I thought they sounded a little raspy and had a higher tone to them than the likes of Miltex or Nismo.

I have thought about custom but heard few horror stories from a few people which has worried me slightly. Also would like to be able to swap back to stock when I come to sell the car and not sure I will get a decent return on a custom vs a branded one.

The scorpion sounds alot raspier in video's. In reality it does rasp due to the 2.5" center section being made of thin stainless. Some people dont like it but regardless of which exhaust i fitted, i would have fitted test pipes to it to replace the cats so the end result would have been the same.

I love the sound of my scorpion exhaust with the decats etc. The scorpion is no longer in the band of being a cheap exhaust. Retail prices are closer to the 400 quid mark just for back box and mid pipe. Add a y pipe on and you are around 640ish. The major advantage with the scorpion is the fact you get a lifetime warranty.

Wasso and a few of the other guys heard mines at lakes so they will be able to comment on it.