tyre Q incident

andlid

ok just handed off my other car to a mech to get my coilovers fitted. he pointed at my rear tyre and I saw this buldge on the tyre wall :scare: air pressuring out on the side, so had to order a new tyre last night for it. My Q is how the heck did that happen? there is no marks on the side or the wheel itself so clueless on how that could have happened, never seen it before.

anyone know? just so I can watch out for doing it again :blush:

This happened with one of my other cars lately. I am a careful driver and guarantee that I did not curb then saw the bulge on the front left. The only thing I could think of was if it was the amount of hard cornering I do (milton Keynes, roundabout, all the stress goes on that left front tyre)

I ended up switching it with the one of the rear ones, and it lasted another year when I then needed to replace it for MOT. I think it could just be a manufacturers error. If the tyre was reasonably new you should complain and let them replace it for you. Even with bad curbing tyres dont do that.

:wacko: hope it's not a defective tyre, it's vredesteins so not rated crap either. Could it be from reversing up on a high curb? :bang:

I very much doubt it. Tyres take a lot of pressure bashing around before they start to deform themselves. Going through a pot hole at 50mph is a much more impact on the tyre than going up a curb.

:wacko: hope it's not a defective tyre, it's vredesteins so not rated crap either. Could it be from reversing up on a high curb? :bang:

I very much doubt it. Tyres take a lot of pressure bashing around before they start to deform themselves. Going through a pot hole at 50mph is a much more impact on the tyre than going up a curb.

wonder if it's due to the left rear shock has been knackered for a while and done double jumps sometimes... :surrender:

wonder if it's due to the left rear shock has been knackered for a while and done double jumps sometimes... :surrender:

could be the shock is putting too much pressure on the tyre. :shrug:

hoping thats what it was and I'll never see a problem like that again, will be painfull driving it with that over the weekend... might just put another tyre on... wonder if an altezza alloy will fit ;)

Maybe, but seeing as it is the rear, I wouldnt say a lot of pressure will be on it. Just take it easy and wait for a replacement tyre. If i was you, I would complain to whereever you got the tyyre from and see if they can compensate you.

hoping thats what it was and I'll never see a problem like that again, will be painfull driving it with that over the weekend... might just put another tyre on... wonder if an altezza alloy will fit ;)

Maybe, but seeing as it is the rear, I wouldnt say a lot of pressure will be on it. Just take it easy and wait for a replacement tyre. If i was you, I would complain to whereever you got the tyyre from and see if they can compensate you.

worth a shot :D