not the best week

Simon+Kat

The R1 started making loud clacky sound coming into work, from the rear end, seemed the chain has a very baggy spot. Borrowed some tools and tightened it up. Going home it still made the same noise, so...bit the bullet and ordered up a new chain/sprocket kit. Used the Maverick for work the next night (Kat uses the Z when were working). Coming home from work in the Maverick at 07:00 on Sat morning it suddenly overheats when im sat waiting at the lights in the middle of a 4 lane roundabout! I manage to quickly roll to edge of the roundabout and bump up on the verge. I wait 20 mins, for it to cool, then open the rad cap....lots of cream coloured foam....hmmmmmm. Leg it about 1.5 miles to gas station, buy 4 litres of refreshing spring water, leg it back and fill the rad. It struggles but just starts, phew! It then seemed ok to drive. So, I set of for work the next night, got back to previous roundabout and Wham! clouds of steam again!! Bum.

Didnt think it was worth getting stuck somewhere, so refilled with water and limped home, phoned work and took a holiday. Looked under bonnet, the bottom of the rad is utterly 'Donald Ducked' plus the creamy foam makes me think the head gasket has gone. The car also needs a new exhaust and the screen is cracked :scare: , and the car is probably only worth about £500 (190,000miles!).

Maybe time we parted ways?

Back to the bike, went to my Dads workshop to fit the new chain etc, had massive trouble getting the axle out, turns out the bearings have semi collapsed, overheated and distorted, gripping the axle tight. So i couldnt even get the bike on the road as nobody could get the bearings until today, double bum!

Thankfully my kind Dad leant me his BMW 330d, so not all bad :lol:

So i should be back on 2 wheels today. Im gonna start looking for a replacement for the Maverick...anyone got experience of Merc ML320s? Seen a few at a nice price.

Sorry for the long rant :blush:

bye bye maverick :wave:

my shed car (worth 300) feels like she may be consigned to the bin in a few months. MOT is in august and she needs new; rocker cover gasket, tyres all round, glow plugs, reversing light wiring, brake discs and pads. assuming the rocker cover gasket resolves the oil leak, i still have to hunt down the coolant leak :lol: bye bye shed car

I love my "shed" little 1.2 Corsa B, got it at 50k for £500 im currently on 116500 and only owes me £650. Head gasket did go, so fixed it myself in the dark with one of my light rigs for my detailing. Fitted new belts, filters, gaskets, water pump, tensioners, valve stem seals. did all that for under £100 inc head skimming, love the price of parts for this. Wish Nissan parts were so cheap lol

Doncha' just love disposable cars?! Had 7 seater peugeot estate before, when things started to go wrong i sold it to a guy who took it banger racing! i was so pleased the old girl went out having some fun :teeth: Come to think of it, my celica went to a mate who stripped it out and went drag racing!!! Just call me for all your race car needs :lol: