Well I thought it was clever.

martinmac

I was late for an important meal yesterday and my wife called me on my mobile to tell me off.

"where the hell are you?" she yelled.

Thinking quickly i replied " Do you remember that jewelers that had those diamond earring you Loved?"

"Yes" she replied, her tone mellowing.

"Well i am in the pub across the road from it.

:blackeye:

That reminds me of when I was a kid, my Grandparents retired and moved to Poulton Le Fylde and Mum & Dad took us to visit, this was way before anyone had even thought about Sat Nav :lol: Anyway we were on the outskirts of Poulton and Dad stopped and asked this old bloke for directions, some way through the directions he uttered this gem --

old bloke, " do you know where the gas works are?"

Dad, -- "No",

old bloke "good, cos it's nowhere near there!!!" :)

That reminds me of when I was a kid, my Grandparents retired and moved to Poulton Le Fylde and Mum & Dad took us to visit, this was way before anyone had even thought about Sat Nav :lol: Anyway we were on the outskirts of Poulton and Dad stopped and asked this old bloke for directions, some way through the directions he uttered this gem --

Dad, -- "No",

My cousin gave directions to her then new house and actually wrote down ' follow the A*** (whatever it was, no idea) and take the last turning on your left'

Ok.......

The last turn? How do you know it's the last turn until you drive past and find no more????

Anyway, that's how we found it. The last turn on the left becomes the first on your right after driving past it and turning round. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: There's nowt as queer as folk :):surrender:

Dad, -- "No",

My cousin gave directions to her then new house and actually wrote down ' follow the A*** (whatever it was, no idea) and take the last turning on your left'

Ok.......

The last turn? How do you know it's the last turn until you drive past and find no more????

Anyway, that's how we found it. The last turn on the left becomes the first on your right after driving past it and turning round. :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...