Packaging gone mad

coldel

I have had a few things get posted through to me where I thought 'you know, that wasn't necessary all that packaging' but this mornings arrival took the biscuit...I mean you have to be kidding me...

IMG_0426.jpg

swissvax are briliant at this.

I got a box that size, full of polystyrene packing tubes, then there was a posh zip closed bag with swissvax on it, inside that there was packaging and a plastic bag, inside the packing in the bag was my tiny tub of non fragile wax.

I like it, to me it feels premium :lol:

This has come up on the MTB forums quite a lot. One of the reasons behind is is that they can make the packaging 100% recyclable from the home (ie can put it in your recycling bin). Not sure on those with polystyrene bits in them, but a lot of places use just cardboard now which is easily reused, and by only having limited sizes of boxes it makes their packaging cheaper even if they are sending larger boxes :bangin:

i've had an SD memory card posted to me from a seller via amazon and they used a box about 3 times the size of a normal shoe box :surrender:

thought i'd ordered the wrong item to start with :doh::lol:

This has come up on the MTB forums quite a lot. One of the reasons behind is is that they can make the packaging 100% recyclable from the home (ie can put it in your recycling bin). Not sure on those with polystyrene bits in them, but a lot of places use just cardboard now which is easily reused, and by only having limited sizes of boxes it makes their packaging cheaper even if they are sending larger boxes :bangin:

Chainreaction.com perchance? :lol: