HELP!!! TOTALLY DEAD

SwanageDave

Went to the car this morning and it wouldnt open on the key fob, So got the spare exactly the same... opened it with the key and when i tried to start her there was nothing at all totally dead as a dodo. I drove the car on tuesday and it was fine. Anybody got any ideas what it could be??? i didnt leave any lights or anything else on. :scare::rant::angry::angry:

Go through the usual things. Check battery is charged and the cables connected. (Do your headlights work?) Also check the negative cable which is screwed to the body. If this does not solve the problem are you in th AA or RAC? Get them out if you are :thumbs:

I think there's something in the air!! My Triumph battery died this week as has 2 customer's batteries! How old was yours? If you have a meter check the battery. if it's charged your problem lies in battery leads or main fuse I would think. If it's dead, see if it'll take a charge then check for a parasitic load. If there's no unusual load it's battery time.

I had a parasitic drain in my BMW that caused the car to go completely dead, there wasn't even enough power to unlock the car. It was diagnosed as a ZKE module (body electrics control module) issue.

Let's hope yours is an simple and cheap fix!!

I think there's something in the air!! My Triumph battery died this week as has 2 customer's batteries! How old was yours? If you have a meter check the battery. if it's charged your problem lies in battery leads or main fuse I would think. If it's dead, see if it'll take a charge then check for a parasitic load. If there's no unusual load it's battery time.

Must be something in the air - exactly the same thing on my X-Trail this morning. Key fob wouldn't work and no interior light or anything - only used it a few days ago. Put a spare battery in it started fine, so battery is gone (wouldn't even start to take a charge in the garage).

Can this be coincidence :ninja:

Must be something in the air - exactly the same thing on my X-Trail this morning. Key fob wouldn't work and no interior light or anything - only used it a few days ago. Put a spare battery in it started fine, so battery is gone (wouldn't even start to take a charge in the garage).

Can this be coincidence :ninja:

This will get the conspiracy theorists going! :lol:

It must be something in the air, the wifes just shouted down the Rabbits packed up..and that takes four batteries :p

On A serious note i am still waiting for my mate with the jump leads and when i got in the interior light was on and wont go out now..is that because i cant lock it on the fob?

It must be something in the air, the wifes just shouted down the Rabbits packed up..and that takes four batteries :p

On A serious note i am still waiting for my mate with the jump leads and when i got in the interior light was on and wont go out now..is that because i cant lock it on the fob?

ECU and BCM do some very weird things when the battery is dead. I'm guessing you'll need a new battery matey.

:yahoo: put jump leads on it and it all lit straight up, went for a short run and left it for ten minutes and it started, been stood now 2 hours and it fired up straight away, I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and see how it is before going and buying a new battery. Thanks for all the advice Lads :thumbs: