Relay issue?

Daryl

Well im back from Leman now,what an experience! (pictures to follow) As per my previous post,on the way there,i lost my cruise control,all my instruments on the dash,and the trip computer. I had the fuse blow (bottom row nearest the bulkhead) and that was replaced,but after an hour of driving,this blew again,and blew a few more instantly as soon as i turned on the car,cold and hot. My air con is also not working,no fan or anything. Does this sound like a relay problem,or something else?

Sorry I couldn't be more help at the time....

Hope you get it sorted, probably have to get to somewhere with some diagnostic equipment to find out what it is...

Not a problem chap,thanks for trying atleast. I have not got a clue what the issue is,so hope its nothing that takes a long time to fix,as im abit skint this month. lol

Just strange that it happened all of a sudden when the car got hot,and when i accelerated away from a toll.

Sorry I couldn't be more help at the time....

Hope you get it sorted, probably have to get to somewhere with some diagnostic equipment to find out what it is...

Not a problem chap,thanks for trying atleast. I have not got a clue what the issue is,so hope its nothing that takes a long time to fix,as im abit skint this month. lol

Just strange that it happened all of a sudden when the car got hot,and when i accelerated away from a toll.

These things can happen anytime huh and usually at the most inconvenient!

I was on the A2 last week in my Leon and the engine warning light came on, had to limp home with no turbo, felt like my 210hp had lost about 209 :surrender:

It's been fine since but getting it checked out next Monday, unless it conks out again :boxing:

No not touched the HU. The mechanic who serviced the car the other week says he disconnected the battery,as he had to move the alternator to get my AMS pulley on,but thats it. Could this be related to the ABS,ESP and TC light coming on the other day?

Well iv just taken out the relay from under the battery cover,and it has made no difference when i turn the car on. Its the one marked Rev Lamp relay.

Iv just looked in the owners manual,and it says that if the Slip light,ESP and ABS come on while driving,it would indicate an open circuit. Could this coming on the other day,be a warning to the relay failing?

Well i took the relay out this morning,and drove the 30miles to work with no other issues. Iv had a guy in electronics have a look at it,and he seemed to think its buggered. So replacing the relay,and hoping that solves the issue

Well iv replaced the relay,which is what i thought was causing the issue,but that has had no effect. It still blew the fuse the moment i turned the ignition on. This could be expensive!

Has anyone got any ideas as to where to start?