New wheels, balanced, ready to go, but...

coldel

...should I get a local garage to put them on for me or am I being lazy? Is it worth the elbow grease to do it myself using the jack that comes with the car? I would have to do it in the road as well as I dont have a driveway.

Takes 2 mins a corner to put them on...

But, I would probably take to to a garage and give them a tenner... that way they can torque them up for you properly.

(Presuming you don't have a torque wrench?)

Failing that... you DON'T have to do it in the road! Just nip to your nearest supermarket or McDonalds. Use the corner of the car park...

IF you can get the wheels there too :D ... but then you will have that issue with the garage too.

Should fit them 2 at a time at LEAST in the car.

You can do two in the passenger seat and two in the boot... Depending on their size.

Aye thats the problem, can only get two wheels in the car at once. So if taking to a garage its a few trips...and yep you are right I don't have a torque wrench.

There is a mini-garage (one that works on minis, not a very small garage!) literally across the road from me who I presume would have all the tools - maybe i just walk all the wheels over there and get it done?

Aye thats the problem, can only get two wheels in the car at once. So if taking to a garage its a few trips...and yep you are right I don't have a torque wrench.

There is a mini-garage (one that works on minis, not a very small garage!) literally across the road from me who I presume would have all the tools - maybe i just walk all the wheels over there and get it done?

If you grab one of the mechanics on their lunch break.... they will probably pop over with a trolley jack and a torque wrench and do it for you for a tenner.

Best bet I recon!

I've been told the standard jacks that come with the car are dodgy, I wouldn't use them unless in an emergency so I'd get a decent jack and do it or get a garage to do it, even then it's got to be a trustworthy one to make sure they don't scratch those lovely wheels

Buy a trolley jack and do it yourself. You can jack the back off the diff, meaning youve only got to do it three times too :D

Don't you mean twice?

Jackpoints.jpg

If you can get a trolley jack on that front point and lift the car youre a better man than me :dry:;)

Looks like the Mini-centre across the road will do it. Popped in last night and the mechanic was very pleasant - told me to drop a call to the boss who wasn't around at the time but it should be fine.

Looks like the Mini-centre across the road will do it. Popped in last night and the mechanic was very pleasant - told me to drop a call to the boss who wasn't around at the time but it should be fine.

:thumbs:

Jackpot... If you don't ask, you don't get... B)