Britians got no talent

rtbiscuit

last night my wife and i watched britians got talent, nothing else on and it was the final so we thought what the hell.

oh....dear...god... :scare: it was worse than a butlins talent competition :wacko:

a couple of ok pieces, but at the end of the day if this is the peak of british talent, somethings gone terribly wrong :surrender:

i agree. That guy who played the piano was awful and so was the women kidding on she was playing the keyboards. The scottish guy who is an opera singer is absolutely amazing and so is the young kid who sung(he will have issues when his voice breaks though). I didnt watch it all as i was heading out but those two were my favourites from the start. The rest were merely there to fill the gaps.

i agree. That guy who played the piano was awful .

My gf is Grade 9 piano....and she said he was pretty amazing for someone who is self taught.

highest grade is 8, i sat it when i was 13 years old

once you do grade 8 you go onto do diplomas for teaching grades. The Diplomas include AMusA, LMusA and FMusA

the guy made so many mistakes went off key, out of timing and missing notes that he tried to get. Yep he has fast fingers but that doesnt mean its hard. Some of the hardest songs to play are slow. Its all about timing accuracy and fingering. There are many songs at grade 5 etc that sound amazing and very hard but theyre not really as its only grade 5.

i agree. That guy who played the piano was awful .

My gf is Grade 9 piano....and she said he was pretty amazing for someone who is self taught.

highest grade is 8, i sat it when i was 13 years old

once you do grade 8 you go onto do diplomas for teaching grades. The Diplomas include AMusA, LMusA and FMusA

RCM Grade 9 :thumbs:

She teaches privately from time to time. Though she prefers clarinet.

tbh, I found him entertaining and to my untrained ear I enjoyed it. But then I suppose if he had played Bass Guitar on stage Id be more critical.

I was gunna say more....but y'know what, I cant be arsed with a fight. The boss is too close and may slap me in person rather than a forum slap on the wrists :lol:

ive been playing piano since i was around 3 years old. It was one of those things that came naturaly. Its very easy to obtain grades. I know a mate who is now at oxford but wanted it for his application, so he sat grade 5 theory and then learned his compositions for the exam and walked away with a grade 8. He's an awful pianist and cant sight read etc. When i was 13-14 years old i was playing the likes of rachmaninoff prelude in c# minor, chopin fantasie impromptu, loads of gershwin, liszt.. the list goes on. I never chose to go into teaching due to the fact i dont have the patience to watch people struggle as i never done it myself. I dont look like a typical piano player either and when i went to the rsamd i did not fit in one bit.

This is my mate jonathan playing, cragus has heard him and he is by far the best pianist ive ever heard. He has just recorded a record not that long ago with john mayer. listen for the piano solo in piano man.

This guy was my inspiration, i was up against him in alot of competitions etc and the only person ever beat me. He is fantastic and his abilities are endless.

ive been playing piano since i was around 3 years old. It was one of those things that came naturaly. Its very easy to obtain grades. I know a mate who is now at oxford but wanted it for his application, so he sat grade 5 theory and then learned his compositions for the exam and walked away with a grade 8. He's an awful pianist and cant sight read etc. When i was 13-14 years old i was playing the likes of rachmaninoff prelude in c# minor, chopin fantasie impromptu, loads of gershwin, liszt.. the list goes on. I never chose to go into teaching due to the fact i dont have the patience to watch people struggle as i never done it myself. I dont look like a typical piano player either and when i went to the rsamd i did not fit in one bit.

This is my mate jonathan playing, cragus has heard him and he is by far the best pianist ive ever heard. He has just recorded a record not that long ago with john mayer. listen for the piano solo in piano man.

This guy was my inspiration, i was up against him in alot of competitions etc and the only person ever beat me. He is fantastic and his abilities are endless.

Bully for you pal.

:p

:lol:

Im sure many people who cant hold a tune, or play anything at all, rather enjoyed the story about the poor ugly kid who got picked on spent time alone at shcool, and taught himself what he could despite it not coming naturally.

I know I did. And I think he deserved to be in the final. He certainly had more talent that I have.

But then I associate with him....I was the kid who was beat on at school, rubbish at football, ribbish at most sport, geeky. So I taught myself to skate....and I became pretty damned good at both agrssive skating and roller hockey (playing for a few local teams).

But hey, who wants to knwo about my life story when we're discussing the dross that was on TV last night..... :lol:

The problem with these sort of programmes is that britains real talent usually dont go on them. My mate jonathan said he would never do a show like it as he'd feel that it was the lowest point of his career as a musician. My best pal is in wicked in the west end along with a host of my other friends. These professionals are the cream of the talent in britain and will never be on these shows. All these shows are designed for is entertainment. For people to laugh at people who are really really shite and every now and again someone comes along who is pretty good. From the first show of bgt ,through, it was very easy to pick who would be in the final.

The piano player may have deserved to be in the final but he never stepped upto the game. He made an arse of what could have been a fantastic life changing performance.

the young girl who won the Americas got talent that sung a song on it last night wiped the floor with all of the British finalists

America has got some very very amazing singers. There was a young girl a few years back who was about 8 or something and she was unbelievable.

The problem with these sort of programmes is that britains real talent usually dont go on them. My mate jonathan said he would never do a show like it as he'd feel that it was the lowest point of his career as a musician. My best pal is in wicked in the west end along with a host of my other friends. These professionals are the cream of the talent in britain and will never be on these shows. All these shows are designed for is entertainment. For people to laugh at people who are really really shite and every now and again someone comes along who is pretty good. From the first show of bgt ,through, it was very easy to pick who would be in the final.

The piano player may have deserved to be in the final but he never stepped upto the game. He made an arse of what could have been a fantastic life changing performance.

my wife used to manage that theatre ;)

The apollo victoria ? Did you ever get to go back stage for a squatch at all the dancers haha

The apollo victoria ? Did you ever get to go back stage for a squatch at all the dancers haha

nope but i got to watch it for free and stop in the green VIP room.

nice! brilliant show. How long ago was that?

well shes been teaching for at least 4 years now so i'm guessing about 5-6 years ago

i'm not a big theatre fan, but it was alright :thumbs:

ah my friend only started last year.

I think cragus is the biggest fan of wicked i know hahaha, he's seen it about 4 or 5 times this year :lol: