Pearl white 370Z from Prague

Hi,

I really appreciate this forum (3 year old member of TT UK forum).

After 3 years with AUDI TT mk2 2,0 TFSI S-tronic - 2006 (FWD, 200PS). That was my third car after Nissan Almera 1,5i - 2006 (N16 5door, 96PS) and first car was tiny Nissan Micra K11 1,3i CVT - 2006 (5door 70PS). All cars were in flat red, except Micra in metallic red.

Actually I loved my TT and it was huge quality, comfort and performance against Nissans. Actually after bad experience with X-trail I sweared that Almera was last Nissan forever.

But, never say never and founded Pear White Coupe in PACK 1 with huge discount (equivalent to Sport and Touring Package except 18" wheels and non NAV).

Old 350Z I liked, but missed that WOW factor, which had TT. Maybe you think, that TT is hairdresser car, but mk2 models with aluminum frame and turbo direct injection engine with combination of dual clutch gearbox and S-line wheels was highway bullet.

Yes, FWD car is not best for sports car, but in winter you appreciate it!

My Z has done few mods, tweak and 1000 miles on clock (1600kms today) and 40 days since it left dealer.

Here is some upsides and downsides after month with this superior car.

Upside:

Start button

Perforated MFSW

Keyless entry + alarm

Moving needles at startup

Electric seats

V6 is V6 and size matters! :-)

Automatic wipers

Manual gearbox - loved S-tronic, but sports car experience is still better with manual, even dual clutch is a lot faster.

Front parking sensors

Bose with subwoofer

New car - TT was demo car with 16 months and 50 000 kms.

Adaptive power steering which is much harder then TTs.

Armrest with box inside

Dual tips exhaust - 2,0T has dual tips on one side

A lot better paint than AUDI (so much stone chips and easy to swirl)

Trunk opening is possible from outside (TT had just button on remote and inside car). Really dangerous to lock keys inside. Dead battery charging with battery in locked trunk is almost impossible.

Downside:

No seat memory

No electric spoiler - really cool

No autolocks

Hood dumpers - so big deal to add this tiny thing?

Broken bulb detectors - so big deal to add this tiny thing?

Non adaptive xenons

No DayRunningLights - had halogens DRL on TT, but don't like to waste my xenons for day use.

Just 2 seater - had really big guy on my back seat (213cm for 120 kms long trip).

Power folding mirrors aren't automatic folding.

Not enough big trunk

Really hard to find parking lot space

No VAG-COM adjusting features

One year OIL change - VW and AUDI has 2 year/30 000 kms.

A lot worse fuel consumption/MPG, but V6 is worth it!

Actually I love my new Z. Yes, I mentioned a lot of downsides, but I chose this car, because this was love for first sight! :-D

Someone could tell you, that this car is inpractical, but it has same power outputs as Porsche 911 Carrera (997, 2007)!

Current mods

Clear bra

Black gloss roof - looks like glass

LEDs in trunk

Kenwood DNX5220BT - will be Pioneer F930BT

370Z black stripes

K&N drop ins on way

GTR start button on way

Z front and back emblems on way

And here is my beauty from old city of Prague, just like Jaromir Jagr and Dominator from Czech Republic.

side_HDR.jpg

Front1_HDR.jpg

front_sign_HDR2.jpg

3_4_HDR.jpg

bw_headlight.jpg

Pics of eX

_MG_1772_edited.jpg

Welcome to the forum and of course you have chosen a the best colour for a 370 :thumbs::lol:

Interesting to see the different specs and I do like the gloss black roof B)

Just one thing is bothering me - hope you don't mind me asking. The side stripes on both sides stop short of the front wings, and I am wondering why. We don't have that stripe option on the Peral whites here, but this is a pic of the 370's which did have the stripes so you can see what I mean:

P1050469.jpg