BROKEN RIBBON CABLE

bazmcc

Anyone know where I can get a ribbon cable which leads from the triple gauge cluster to the motor on the cubby lid?

Managed to damage mine while replacing my gauges to UK ones!

The cable reads "Sumitomo – Y AWM 20861 105C 60V VW-1 –F"

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have sent a request to Sumitomo to see if they can supply or know where it can be sourced, I'm not going to hold my breath as normally main manufacturers have no interest in single units. Worth a shot though.

Just incase you can't source it elsewhere :)

I tried zmanalex before but no joy. Nissan garage quoted about £500 as I need to order the whole unit and not just the cable!

Have looked online without any luck too. Have even tried Nissan breakers yards but no luck there either.

Thanks Husky, definitely worth a try I guess.

Make your own, cant be that hard, you could use an IDE cable from a computer, and buy the plugs from Maplins.. :shrug:

That stinks of 'win'! Do it then you'll be well impressed with yourself for beating the system and saving 500 nicker!

Make your own, cant be that hard, you could use an IDE cable from a computer, and buy the plugs from Maplins.. :shrug:

Would try that, but the cable doesn't have plugs on the ends. Both ends are just thicker/stiffened parts of cable with the metal strips revealed. I tried scratching off new ends but no luck. I'll try again before I spend £500 though!

Would try that, but the cable doesn't have plugs on the ends. Both ends are just thicker/stiffened parts of cable with the metal strips revealed. I tried scratching off new ends but no luck. I'll try again before I spend £500 though!

Send it down to me, I will do it for you... :thumbs:

• 2 months later...