Why "stored in the garage" is more expensive ...

slimjim

Been keeping the car in the garage.

In order to do it, I tidied up the garage. Made a great job of it, put EVERYTHING away :)

Came for a tootle out today down to the postoffice.... and noticed my wing mirror was wet. Thought nothing of it.

When I got back, there was a patch of oil on the garage floor... drivers side but about level with my wing mirror.

Had a bit of an investigation..... I had put all my oil, clutch, brake, diff fluid all up in the loft.

A bottle of diff fluid had fallen over and leaked a small amount into the shelf it was on in the loft. Hence the wet mirror. :blush:

Imagine if it had been brake/clutch fluid... in the MIDDLE of the loft!!!! :blink:

All liquids have now been moved to the edge, so even if they did spill (which they WON'T now anyway) they would drip/spill to the side of the car.

Wow..... what a close one! :wacko:

Reminds me of my old man, when, as a kid I asked why all the cans of oil, paint and such like were kept on the floor of the garage, he replied, "this way if they leak they only leak on the floor". :) Fair enough!! Well he was a very practical bloke :wacko:

Reminds me of my old man, when, as a kid I asked why all the cans of oil, paint and such like were kept on the floor of the garage, he replied, "this way if they leak they only leak on the floor". :) Fair enough!! Well he was a very practical bloke :wacko:

Top advice...