Modern Warfare 3

marzman

I've got to say, i was really disappointed by MW2. MW1 was possibly the best game i've ever played (with the exception of Goldeneye), but i felt let down by MW2. I think it was more to do with the level design than anything else... some appalling levels, where you could get shot from any angle at all at any time. So frustrating. But the MW1 levels were superb as they had boring bits where you were unlikely to get shot, and then some crazy areas that were perfect for big standoffs....

i found MW2 showed just how flawed MW1 was the 2nd was far more playable, cleared out alot of the gayness from the 1st like no scoping etc far more playable, better balanced, and easier to dip in and out of. and no noob tubing

imho the gfx are nothing special :blush:

mw3 and any NEW cod games in the series are dead to me after the last two F*** ups on the pc :dry:

pinning my hopes on BF3 but need to play a beta first :)

to make pc gaming great again microsoft and sony need to release their next gen consoles NOW, as all the pc gets now is badly coded ports from 5 yr old consoles :bang:

*rant over* :blush:

mw3 and any NEW cod games in the series are dead to me after the last two F*** ups on the pc :dry:

to make pc gaming great again microsoft and sony need to release their next gen consoles NOW, as all the pc gets now is badly coded ports from 5 yr old consoles :bang:

use a console instead ;):p

use a console instead ;):p

playing a FPS with a game/joy pad is like cutting glass with a hammer :lol:

I heard yesterday that buildings will be destructible like battlefield in COD MW3

the quake 3 engine circa 2001ish, although modified, must be really struggling if it does do that :lol:

I'll be buying the next COD on PC. I made the mistake of trying Black Ops on the PS3 after playing the last few games on PC. I think it has had less than 5 hours of gameplay. PC will always beat consoles for FPS games :boxing:.

Agree. I used to play fps games on pc back in the days of tac ops etc but they have since become so complex in terms of controls and so much faster paced, a keyboard simply isnt up to the job imho. Flying helicopters for example in battlefield is so much more natural with joypad controls.

Whichever your choice of control, thats besides the point. I dont hold out much hope for MW3 to be honest, the multiplayer has for the last few games been exactly the same just dressed in different skins and with different weapons. The "no scoping" on MW games was ridiculous on the first one, and has never been fixed on any subsequent variation. The ability to quickly use a controler to make a headshot without even looking down the scope due to the slight autoaim in the engine is quite frankly laughable.

If they are going to add realism like destructible buildings, then I hope they go to the effort of making high powered sniper rifles one shot one kill and the fact you have to use a scope properly. Without that then it will continue to be the joke it is.

Ill still get it and have a play as its all about having fun with friends, but having seen the gameplay footage from Battlefield, and the distinct lack of gameplay footage from MW3, I dont fancy its chances in a head to head.

MW3 will probably win out in terms of sales due to the popularity of "brand", and I fear the developers know full well they will sell large numbers just off the back of the brand name, so wont have to put the effort in. :shrug:

Ill still get it and have a play as its all about having fun with friends, but having seen the gameplay footage from Battlefield, and the distinct lack of gameplay footage from MW3, I dont fancy its chances in a head to head.

MW3 will probably win out in terms of sales due to the popularity of "brand", and I fear the developers know full well they will sell large numbers just off the back of the brand name, so wont have to put the effort in. :shrug:

thinks its still early days for MW3 to see gameplay. Trailers have only just started in the last couple of weeks. I think come end of July you'll see in gameplay. Battlefield always feel slow compared to COD. I agree though that each successive COD does seems the same but in a different skin. The looks of the latest one to me does look different though

PC is a dead gaming format, i used to get my games for PC but much prefer having a dedicated gaming machine, like my xbox.

not totally dissing the consoles, have played many hours with friends on the xbox360 but agreed they (consoles) have killed off PC gaming :dry:

no doubt mw3 will sell in it's millions on the consoles where as on the pc it'll be lucky to get into 100,000.

aw well back to cod4 for me until the bf3 beta, which i've just read is developed for the PC FIRST then downgraded for the consoles or so they say :lol:

PC is a dead gaming format, i used to get my games for PC but much prefer having a dedicated gaming machine, like my xbox.

The PC gaming format is sill pretty huge. Also, until developers start utilising the PS3s ability to use keyboard and mouse consoles will never be as good for FPS games as a PC. A controller is rarely if ever quicker than a mouse.

PC's aren't for the casual gamer though. You need a high spec machine to play good games. If you can justify paying that it's worth it. I have a PS3 also. I generally only have racing, fighting games or traditional console style games.