Picked up a Go Pro suction cup mount. Test video!

djtimo

After getting my Go Pro for skiing this year it came with a helmet kit not the motorsport kit. I've final got round to picking up a Go Pro suction mount for makeing some car/track videos!

Mount is made by Go Pro and is used by the EDC for there drift cars so It must be strong to hold on to a drift car!

Here's a few pics.

ffb5df29.jpg

22b66bdc.jpg

35300b10.jpg

For £24 its not bad price and does the job of holding the Go Pro better than anything else out there! I was a bit worried at first but after seeing hold on at high speed for the first time I did feel a little bit more relaxed lol.

Here's a little test video I made this afternoon just trying to see what sort of cool angles/shots you can get.

:)

sweet!

might have to get one of them, better read up on when the next generation will be out so I don't get one and 'loose' out on something cooler. Have to say that you're still experiencing some traction issues :lol:;)

What would it be like put straight on the hood? Find the roof mounts to make the video look like your driving 20mph! :lol:

Looking really good Tim... B)

Loving the wheel shots, they're the best.

Over on driftworks they use a camera angle a lot where it is probably on the rear quater window looking forward, so you can see the driver inputs as well as the road... i think that works out as one of the most entertaining angles. :thumbs:

very nice tim, I've seen you can get little lcd screens for them now

Its about 70 quid IIRC - at least if you get it over from the States like my mate did.

Great vid there Tim, bet the only problem now is that you want more cameras and mounts :lol: Apparently you can daisy chain 2 of them in a special housing to get 3D now too!

I like the pull away shot, shows how little contact patch the tyres have or at least it looks that way ;)