Fantastic gesture

max

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I know. Something I discussed with Jay. The weight of the bases was such that it was very uneconomical to post them up from Chesterfields.

Maybe one of the Scottish members could make something at their work or something. Jay did knock something up when he got the flag. I wasn't sure if it was temporary or permanent though.

Instead of complaining we could get it done. :thumbs:

You can use the chrome base to drive them into the ground if you are on hardcore/graves and have a mallet, thats what I had to do at Japfest. So long as its not tarmac, then you're out of luck.

Yes I know. Something I discussed with Jay. The weight of the bases was such that it was very uneconomical to post them up from Chesterfields.

Maybe one of the Scottish members could make something at their work or something. Jay did knock something up when he got the flag. I wasn't sure if it was temporary or permanent though.

Instead of complaining we could get it done. :thumbs:

I think Jay bought a sand filled base. We must have some fabricators that can knock something up that the car can be driven over to keep it in place. The only problem in Scotland is that with the wind we constantly have at the likes of Knockhill the pole could come into contact with the car.

I think Jay bought a sand filled base. We must have some fabricators that can knock something up that the car can be driven over to keep it in place. The only problem in Scotland is that with the wind we constantly have at the likes of Knockhill the pole could come into contact with the car.

Martin can have them made up, its getting them to you that is the problem, and a reason I dont have a set as it would cost a fortune to post. Maybe we should get him to make some for LakeZ if he can and then we can distribute them :thumbs:

You can't puncture the ground at knockhill. Instant fine of silly money! Even the non made up stuff!

We design a base that won't touch the car. Come on, I thought you were an Engineer. I don't see problems, just ways to create a solution! :p

Martin can have them made up, its getting them to you that is the problem, and a reason I dont have a set as it would cost a fortune to post. Maybe we should get him to make some for LakeZ if he can and then we can distribute them :thumbs:

That would be an idea tbh, it will allow us to utilise the flags we have. I don't imagine that they should be too heavy, just an a-frame or the likes of thshape of an axle stand with a couple of support bars to drive over and secure. Then the pole could go down a tube in the centre

You can't puncture the ground at knockhill. Instant fine of silly money! Even the non made up stuff!

We design a base that won't touch the car. Come on, I thought you were an Engineer. I don't see problems, just ways to create a solution! :p

Lol engineer, give me a 1Mw burner to repair any day. To be honest I could probably get the materials and weld something up but if there is pro fabricators with proper welding equipment it will take them 5mins to sort something out. I'd be there for days with my oxy welding kit. It's only really for brazing a/c pipework and soldering heating systems.

I can tell you the ones we have for the event shelters are pretty heavy. I'd imagine if he does something for the flags it will the be the same design just the right diameter tube/pole to support the flags.

We will need Jay to measure the ID of the flag pole as we have a couple of different ones. We can then ask Martin to get a support made up from there :thumbs:

I can tell you the ones we have for the event shelters are pretty heavy. I'd imagine if he does something for the flags it will the be the same design just the right diameter tube/pole to support the flags.

We will need Jay to measure the ID of the flag pole as we have a couple of different ones. We can then ask Martin to get a support made up from there :thumbs:

Perfect I'll say to Jay and get the info and drop it to you :thumbs:

If you want some the same as for the shelters let me know. I will have some banners after Wales and be back to work and home again before lakeZ so can get it done. I am some fabrication done for the spotlights at the moment but will keep him working. :)

If you want some the same as for the shelters let me know. I will have some banners after Wales and be back to work and home again before lakeZ so can get it done. I am some fabrication done for the spotlights at the moment but will keep him working. :)

Just need to make sure the ones Jay has the same ID on the tubing. We have some 3m and some 4m flags so the 4m will have bigger ID tubing than the 3m. Just something to be careful of :thumbs:

Needs to be a plate like the event shelter and then a peg coming up that is the right OD to fit inside the flag pole. I'll post you some pics :thumbs: