Going on a bike trip this week to WALES (FOR NOW)

andlid

i've re-edited your route :teeth:

new epic route

ok so its maybe a bit more riding ;)

Point D is where my mum and dad have a holiday let you can use :D

PS: i diverted you round glasgow :lol::p

:drunk: thats more then double the distance lol, I'll post it to the board of the route planning and see what they say :lol: thanks for the D

(wont take you up on it since I don't want to be held accountable or responsible for the guys going on the trip... you know bikers :blush::lol: )

:surrender: weather looking crappy so now it's to hollyhead and down to the (up) lake district... anyone know any good hotels in the area and have a nicer router plan then the one I'm looking at? :wacko:

Should just take the boat across to Spain :yawn:

:surrender: weather looking crappy so now it's to hollyhead and down to the (up) lake district... anyone know any good hotels in the area and have a nicer router plan then the one I'm looking at? :wacko:

No probs getting somewhere in the lakes Anders, what sort of place you after. :)

No probs getting somewhere in the lakes Anders, what sort of place you after. :)

whatever really preferable closest to holyhead (not the other side) comfort is a bonus but needs to have a bar :lol:

I'd love to cycle in Spain but not at this time of year, way to hot :lol:. I plan to at some point cycle from Esjberg in Denmark down to Hoek Van Holland, about 800 miles or so by the time I divert to a few places on the way like Amsterdam etc. The problem is my bike is a dedicated roadie so no space to put a tent or camping supplies. If you have a spare few weeks, do the North Sea Cycle Route about 4500miles around the UK, Holland, Germany, Denmark etc. I'd love to do it, but would need a good reason to do so (I'd never find the excuse to get out and train).

This website shows some great routes to do in out side of Europe.

http://www.northsea-cycle.com/default.a ... u=3〈=1

:snack: anyone know these roads?

Great Driving Roads : Wales

Fforest Fawr : Map

The only road here that is located in South Wales, the Fforest Fawr road, or A4069, connects Brynamman with Llangadog via the Black Mountain. The sections across the open mountain are nothing short of breathtaking. Tight turns, good visibility and surface, stunning views and the odd wandering sheep make for one of the best drives Wales. The desent heading North is a brake tester, so make sure you don't have pads that fade easily!

Llyn Brianne : Map 1 : Map 2 : Map 3 : Pic

For the fearless this is about as good as it gets, but the single track mountain roads around Llyn Brianne can fight back. The network of lanes include forested twisties, sweeping open cliff-huggers and two notable sequences of hairpins. One of these is named the Devil's Staircase, and if you are anything less than extremely alert, will bite great chunks out of your car. A fabulous thrill, but watch for tourists, sheep and farm vehicles.

Elan Valley : Map 1 : Map 2 : Pic

Further North from Llyn Brianne, the Elan Valley road also crosses the heart of Wales along a mountainous route. This is a much less demanding route, although many sections are still single track and accidents seem all too frequent. Highlights include the echoes from the cliff sides and the short squirts along the Elan Valley itself. You can do the two above routes as a loop including lunch in Tregaron or Devil's Bridge.

Pass of Llanberis : Map : Pic

The passes in Snowdonia are all scenic and thrilling to drive. The pick of the bunch is the Pass of Llanberis. This is a busy road, with stone walls, caravans, walkers and narrow lanes. Consideration for the other users of the road must be a priority but this is a top rate scuttle if you get a clear run. Similar thrills are present over a proportion of the nearby Glyders road, and whilst in the area, try the two great roads below.

B4407 : Map : Pic

My favourite open moorland road in Wales is the B4407 that connects Ysbyty Ifan with Ffestiniog. The route is partly single track and has several dramatic humps that will cause light cars to jump. The corners ore especially tricky, with a couple located on narrow bridges.

A543 & Mynydd Hiraethog : Map 1 : Map 2 : Pic

The moorland road across Mynydd Hiraethog is a series of sweeping bends and fast straights with a number of exhilarating twists in drainage dips. There are two roads that form the sides of a triangle up from the A5 at either Pentrefoelas or Cerrigydrudion. It's not an especially technical challenge for the most part, although you must be careful that nothing is hiding in the dips. Becuase of the variety of challenges and the light traffic, this is a favourite of mine and many of my friends.

Berwyn : Map 1 : Map 2

Connecting Welshpool with Bala, the A490 joins the B4391 to cross the Berwyn mountain. This road is quite simply a corker! After a few scenic villages with great valley and mountain views the road rises to wiggle across the mountain along the boundary of Snowdonia National Park. Sweeping bends, dips and distracting drops fill the highland section before a descent through farmland and woods.

A44 : Map

Forming the main route East-West across mid Wales, the A44 offers great scenery, thrilling corners and in season annoying traffic jams. The route includes a scenic section along Plynlimon Fawr with good visibility and monster hairpins. This is most challenging section althoug the road remains a good one for many miles as it heads East towards England.

Wye Valley

Finding this road empty enough to enjoy is very rare. You will need to be an insomniac or very lucky, but if you do get a clear run, then the complex sequences of corners are as rewarding as they are entertaining. The route connects Chepstow with Monmouth.

:lol: well I'm confused too :D were going to scotland, then lakez district and now wales... tut tut whatever happens I'm on the 4pm boat to holyhead tomorrow!

thanks for the route, will see if the board approves!

:blackeye: