Engine bay mods, just needs a rad cap!!

glrnet

:shrug::lol:

Looks great :thumbs:

What's next ? ;)

Look out Joy !!...... hes still got some blue paint left :scare:

:lol::lol:

Did you not know that Graham drives a blue car, lives in a blue house, with blue furniture, white goods are blue, in fact I'm sure all his video collection maybe blue too?? :lol:

No seriously that's pretty good work there Graham - wish I was a dab hand with the paint can/brush! But then again I have a little project up my sleeve for the next best of show ;)(I'm gonna steel Shires engine) :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol::thumbs: You forgot about my blue van B)

:shrug::lol:

Looks great :thumbs:

What's next ? ;)

Look out Joy !!...... hes still got some blue paint left :scare:

Did you not know that Graham drives a blue car, lives in a blue house, with blue furniture, white goods are blue, in fact I'm sure all his video collection maybe blue too?? :lol:

No seriously that's pretty good work there Graham - wish I was a dab hand with the paint can/brush! But then again I have a little project up my sleeve for the next best of show ;)(I'm gonna steel Shires engine) :lol:

Mate,

I went last night, it was pitiful I'm afraid. If they don't get their act together soon they are no better than top 8. Udinese could have scored 3 or 4 last night, our back 4, such as it is are arguing amongst themselves and the lack of "spirit" amongst most is shameful. Arsene's prog notes regarding Newacastle on Saturday were laughable, he's either in complete denial or in the parallel Arsene Wenger universe that is Alice In Wonderland, die hard season ticket holders are certainly wondering WTF is going on. I predict it all ends in tears before Christmas. :thumbdown:

Apologies for hi jacking my own thread but the big boys made me do it and ran away :p:p

I think most Gooners are BLUE at the moment :lol:

She's a saint TBH :thumbs: Yes I have spent a little time in the garage :surrender: but at least she knows where I am :thumbs: She's looking forward to meeting you by the way :)

Footie = :yawn::lol:

Never picked up on this thread Graham - but fom what I saw at LakeZ you've put major hours into that engine bay!! Joy must be v patient ;)

Youngest step daughter came home last and told me they've started calling her Baby Smurf at work, I couldn't ask why as I was rotflmao, the look on her face when I had recovered sufficiently to tell he that you lot call me Papa Smurf was priceless :lol::lol:

Footie = :yawn::lol:

Never picked up on this thread Graham - but fom what I saw at LakeZ you've put major hours into that engine bay!! Joy must be v patient ;)

Don't believe it Vik, i know his secret! He has an army of Smurfs in his garage that paint everything blue just for their Papa Smurf!!!

Will you tell her or shall I? :scare::)

Youngest step daughter came home last and told me they've started calling her Baby Smurf at work, I couldn't ask why as I was rotflmao, the look on her face when I had recovered sufficiently to tell he that you lot call me Papa Smurf was priceless :lol::lol:

Does that make Joy Smurfette ?

UPDATE 190811

Well went and did it, sprayed the airbox silver and fitted it today after installing biscuit boys velocity stack, the car already felt smoother having done away with the K & N Typhoon filter and air box. For those interested, I run Scanguage II on my Zed and in slow traffic I have seen air intake temps of 170F with the typhoon. I recently went up to Ipswich to see Rich and got stuck in traffic on the A12 southbound for about 3 .4 miles doing no more than 10 mph, air intake temp never got above 110F. Just goes to show that the original Nissan airbox is quite effective with regard to air temp, mind you I have maintained the K & N air scoop at the grille so that may have helped. The velocity stack seems to have added a nicer intake note too, got a K & N panel filter coming and will report further findings later.

Decided I didn't really like the K & N air filter box but wanted to keep the K & N blue pipe work, so had a bit of a head scratch and a measure and decided to put the original air box back on.

In a nutshell I cut the flexi joint part off the original air pipe and fixed it to the blue pipe with a rubber collar and jubilee clip, had to shorten the blue pipe considerably though so at one point I had to intake systems that were never going to work again :scare: Anyway it all went together quite nicely and I managed to keep the front blue pipe from the bumper scoop (doesn't show in the pix, sorry) and attached that to the inlet side of the airbox, just got to get a decent panel filter now and job done, oh and I sprayed the panel filter holder blue, might have to get some silver on as well B):lol:

Graham - good to see the spray can has been out once more :teeth:

I'm interested with this scangauge II, send me a pm and tell me all about it, something I'd like to have me thinks! I've read up on it's ability to monitor various elements, but is this driven by purchasing a large number of sensors as well? Or is the majority of readouts available out the box?

I don't know bud, I bought the whole thing and then decided to change it, maybe have " a google" for K & N Uk, they must do spares :shrug:

can you buy just the front section of the k&n intake coming from then bumber to the filter. i have got a popcharger but i want the air feed better.

UPDATE 200811

What a difference!!! Fitted the K&N panel filter today and took her out for a blast. Hadn't driven it since putting the velocity stack in as was waiting for the gasket gel to go off, so much smoother and responsive and certainly feels like more power, it will be interesting to see what the results are on the dyno. So in conclusion, low intake pipe, Nissan air box , velocity stack and K&N panel filter = a very nice balance between power and subtle intake growl.

I'm a happy bunny :thumbs::drive1:drive1

UPDATE 190811

Well went and did it, sprayed the airbox silver and fitted it today after installing biscuit boys velocity stack, the car already felt smoother having done away with the K & N Typhoon filter and air box. For those interested, I run Scanguage II on my Zed and in slow traffic I have seen air intake temps of 170F with the typhoon. I recently went up to Ipswich to see Rich and got stuck in traffic on the A12 southbound for about 3 .4 miles doing no more than 10 mph, air intake temp never got above 110F. Just goes to show that the original Nissan airbox is quite effective with regard to air temp, mind you I have maintained the K & N air scoop at the grille so that may have helped. The velocity stack seems to have added a nicer intake note too, got a K & N panel filter coming and will report further findings later.

Decided I didn't really like the K & N air filter box but wanted to keep the K & N blue pipe work, so had a bit of a head scratch and a measure and decided to put the original air box back on.

In a nutshell I cut the flexi joint part off the original air pipe and fixed it to the blue pipe with a rubber collar and jubilee clip, had to shorten the blue pipe considerably though so at one point I had to intake systems that were never going to work again :scare: Anyway it all went together quite nicely and I managed to keep the front blue pipe from the bumper scoop (doesn't show in the pix, sorry) and attached that to the inlet side of the airbox, just got to get a decent panel filter now and job done, oh and I sprayed the panel filter holder blue, might have to get some silver on as well B):lol: