Guides to change sidelight/indicator bulbs

kevlo

Hi guys and girls, is there a guide anywhere to change the above bulbs? About 6 months ago i bought led sidelights and silvertec indicator bulbs and never fitted them. I'm skint at the min and think its time for a new mod so i would like to do this tomorrow.

I've searched but cant find anything?

The liner is easy. You only remove the front portion of the liner. Four or five small bolts under the car. A few more and a screw along the side of the liner. Then slide it out.

I have a trolley jack but actually used the car's jack for this job.

i've got tiny hands :) finally an advantage.

do you have to do it from underneath then?

as i said above. :teeth: just remove the main rear lamp units(tail lamps) open tailgate remove lamp unit screw covers.remove screws.remove lamp unit.and so on. ;)

BTW, those silverline bulbs are very very dimm, you may want to decide on a brighter bulb...... :thumbs:

You donr need to take any wheels off either, although it will make it a tad easier, but for the amount of effort removing the wheel, its not worth it.

Rear lights, pain in the ass, but can be changed with out removing the bumper, just be careful pulling the rear lamp cluster off that you donr snap the location pins. :thumbs:

Good luck :band:

• 6 months later...

I just fitted my LED sidelights! Took a bit of time as I had to take the wheels off to get into the screws for the wheel arch liner. Fortunately I got no cuts! It's basically two screws that need to come out and the two 10mm bolts under the bumper. No need to take the three plastic clips out the liner is pretty flexible, plus they easily break!

Looking forward to seeing what they are like at night :D