Service bits

Daryl

Right,got a list of stuff to do to the Datsun before Leman,as its now due its service. Was a P1 last year.

Was thinking of doing Gearbox oil,and possible diff oil,engine oil and filter,brake fluid change and braided HEL hoses,serpentine belt to go with my new lightweight pullies,and change the spark plugs. Is there anything else that i may need to do,or is recommended? I was wondering about a coolant change,but this seems to cause more trouble than its worth.

Sounds like overkill if you ask me... whats your mileage?

Not really he is taking it to leman, gearbox oil is always good and so if the diff oil as once the diff oil is cooked it doesnt work. Engine oil and filter is the norm, if your replacing your brake hoses with SS ones I would change my fluid too. If your fitting pulleys you have to change the belts anyway and Im not sure I would bother about a coolant change but it cant hurt. :thumbs:

Plugs dont need changing officially until 56k i think, and even then its probably not required (according to Lockwood & Greenwoods, anyway).

I'd personally only dothe belt you need, plus engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and air filter... :shrug:

Plugs dont need changing officially until 56k i think, and even then its probably not required (according to Lockwood & Greenwoods, anyway).

I'd personally only dothe belt you need, plus engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and air filter... :shrug:

Had my plugs done at 40,000 miles and they were showing signs of wear. Big Phil always reckoned 45,000 miles was when they should be changed, so may be worth getting them done.