Which Brake Pads ?

Neil

I have Ferodo Pads at the moment, but need to buy a new set.

I have to say that whilst they are a great product, they 'click' in the calipers if braking in reverse and then brake when moving forward. This is not a problem as you get used to the sound.

I know this may sound a daft question but, why doesn't anyone talk about Brembo Pads (unless they are the OEM pads?) that would be specifically designed (dimension wise) for their own calipers?

Am I missing something?

Bracing myself for abuse :)

Neil

there is so many pads out there tbh. The ferrodo's are well thought of and possibly a little copper grease around the edges may stop this clicking your hearing. Are you sure its the pads and not actually the clicky axle problem?

I have used the brembo stocks which were not that great. The ebc yellowstuff which i found were perfect combination of cost and performance and now the ebc bluestuff ndx pads which are excellent but quite dusty. The ebc pads are now a new compound and are all made in the uk. Ive tested both types on track and found them to be really good. Ive really pushed hard on the bluestuffs recently doing around 25miles on track at a time which very heavy braking in 24 degree heat and couldnt get them to give up. The yellowstuffs managed around 8-10 miles of heavy braking before starting to feel like they were over heating.

Its all personal preference. I have found a pad which im happy with and will be using from now on.

The ferrodo's are rated up there with the highest whereas people have given ebc pads a bad rep based on their old compounds.

I have Ferodo Pads at the moment, but need to buy a new set.

I have to say that whilst they are a great product, they 'click' in the calipers if braking in reverse and then brake when moving forward. This is not a problem as you get used to the sound.

I know this may sound a daft question but, why doesn't anyone talk about Brembo Pads (unless they are the OEM pads?) that would be specifically designed (dimension wise) for their own calipers?

Am I missing something?

Bracing myself for abuse :)

Neil

We do talk about Brembo pads, :) however the general concenses is that Ferodo DS 2500 is a far superior product. :#1:

I have both in stock, however Ferodo DS 2500 are much cheaper and better. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438

Let me know if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Thanks Neil (Great name ;) )

It's not the clicky axle issue.

The actual pad is slightly smaller in height than the caliper aperture which allows the pad to move up or down a little, thus causing the click. Grease didn't help I am afraid.

Thank you for the feedback though - the EBC comments are greatley appreciated.

I might look at those instead.

Neil

We do talk about Brembo pads, :) however the general concenses is that Ferodo DS 2500 is a far superior product. :#1:

I have both in stock, however Ferodo DS 2500 are much cheaper and better. :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438

Let me know if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex,

I know you stock them matey and if you were closer, I would have PM'd you already to buy and collect asap.

Trouble is, I have looked at them this morning (as the fronts were sqealing like a stuck banshee) and realised they need changing asap. The outside pad looks OK - it's the inner pad (the one you can't see without removing the wheel) that needs replacing.

I reckon I'll be on the rivets by Monday if I'm not careful :blush:

Neil

Yeah mate, the holidays have screwed a lot of peeps up who require parts urgently.

My next shipments will not go out now until Tuesday with a Wednesday delivery and then we will have the same issues all over again next weekend :wacko:

Alex..

Do you supply grooved / drilled discs along with Ferodo pads, by any chance mate?

I'm moving towards replacing the whole lot but only if I can get a better disc than standard.

Neil

I certainly do Neil :thumbs:

You can have a choice of Performance Friction or DBA mate and both in stock. :yahoo:

I also have some drilled Brembo in stock :thumbs:

You can find some of my stuff by clicking on my signature picture which will take you to 5 pages of Zed goodies.

However, here are the links to the Rotors: :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=46541

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31541

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=44408

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27437

OK, so now I am confused :wacko:

Quite fancied the DBA XS Discs as they look different with the yellow hub. They are a 4000 series which is recommended by some of you guys, but they have drilled holes in additon to slots.

I understand from a thread on here that drilled discs, crack?

DBA's site suggest 'XS' for road and '6x6 slot' for track (but they have a black hub :thumbdown: )

Has anyone got these rotors on their Zed and what do you think?

Thanks

Neil

I've just got the grooved ones Neil and perform excellently. You could always paint the hub if you like

Thanks Mike..

Slightly off topic but reference your signature 'As seen on TV' - is it your car that is on the 'webuyanycar' adverts ;)

I've just got the grooved ones Neil and perform excellently. You could always paint the hub if you like

Thanks Mike..

Slightly off topic but reference your signature 'As seen on TV' - is it your car that is on the 'webuyanycar' adverts ;)

yep B):teeth:

Thanks Mike..

yep B):teeth:

Can I have your autograph? ;)