How do you remove Volk center caps from he wheels?

marzman

Hi all,

I had a punture a few weeks ago, which was repaired - but the garage couldnt get the center caps out of my Volks...

I googled it on my phone while i was there, and there's a rubber o-ring holding the cap in place that you're supposed to pry out - but we all tried for about 20 minutes and couldnt shift it...

Anyone got any tips...?

I had an issue with my wheels,not Volks,but used the grip handle end of my wheel brace to bash it out from the inside,while covering the outer face so that the cap dont fly onto the floor. Finger in each bolt hole helps.

Not easily. You really have to be firm when pushing them in and even use some oil, so my guess is when pushing them out you'll just have to be very firm indeed, maybe even cooling the caps since they're metal would help a bit?

Sarah will confirm the fun I had trying to get the damn things in :lol:

You did push it from the inside right?

Get some silicone spray and fill it up from the inside. Use loads. Leave it to soak through and then tap out from inside with a socket and extension the same diameter with a cloth on it. I can even pop round and do it for you if you whip the wheel off.

Get some silicone spray and fill it up from the inside. Use loads. Leave it to soak through and then tap out from inside with a socket and extension the same diameter with a cloth on it. I can even pop round and do it for you if you whip the wheel off.

That sounds like it'd work - thanks Leon.

I'll have a go at that next sunday (after Modified Live - i dont want to be there without a center cap if i cant get it back in :lol: )

Thanks for the offer too - i may take you up on it if i still cant get it to budge. :thumbs: