Drove my Zed for the last time today........

glrnet

....................for at least 23 days! ;)

Took the opportunity to drive over to Essex and back today as I knew this would be the last time for a while :thumbdown: Having some improvements carried out while we're on honeymoon and today I removed the plenum and strut bar. While I was at it I took the throttle control body off and I'm a bit concerned about the "sooty' deposit all the way around the "inner" chamber. :scare: See the pictures below, I'd be pleased to know if this is normal or should I be concerned/investigating further?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice/help gratefully received :)

Thanks Stephen, much appreciate your advice :thumbs:

i had a similar problem on another car, basically the oil breather pipe was sending vapours over to the throttle body, an oil catch tank solved the problem, readily available from fleabay.

Cant comment on the Throttle Body Graham :surrender:

But have a great Honeymoon :yahoo: and I hope you don't miss us too much :console: We will miss you :scare:

I bet the first thing you think of doing when you get back is Zed related :lol:

Funny you should mention that Jim :blush: We land early the day we come back and then I'm off down to collect Plenum and strut bar and feet :lol: Must admit I'm looking forward to some quality r & r together though ;)

But have a great Honeymoon :yahoo: and I hope you don't miss us too much :console: We will miss you :scare:

Funny you should mention that Jim :blush: We land early the day we come back and then I'm off down to collect Plenum and strut bar and feet :lol: Must admit I'm looking forward to some quality r & r together though ;)

R & R................. Rolling and Road?? Thats my boy!

Enjoy your honeymoon fella! See you when you get back.

Brilliant!!! :lol::lol: Chance would be a fine thing :wacko: If I even think about the Zed the thought police will be in very close attendance :boxing:

R & R................. Rolling and Road?? Thats my boy!

Enjoy your honeymoon fella! See you when you get back.

Enjoy the honeymoon, fantastic place to go to.

look forward to see what you are having done to the zed when you get back. If you want me to keep her ticking over feel free to hand the keys over and I'll look after her ;)

Maybe while he's away you could redo the gaffer tape for some vinyl aswell :surrender:

Thanks for the offer Will, be difficult with no plenum though ;)

look forward to see what you are having done to the zed when you get back. If you want me to keep her ticking over feel free to hand the keys over and I'll look after her ;)

:lol::lol: never a truer word spoken in jest, already speaking to TD at Totton about one or two ideas B);)

Maybe while he's away you could redo the gaffer tape for some vinyl aswell :surrender:

While I was at it I took the throttle control body off and I'm a bit concerned about the "sooty' deposit all the way around the "inner" chamber. :scare: See the pictures below, I'd be pleased to know if this is normal or should I be concerned/investigating further?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice/help gratefully received :)

They are all like that after a few miles. Nothing to worry about I would say.