350z-uk forum 1 - 0 Passenger headlight

andyvvc

Massive thanks to Zmanalex and RTBiscuit for supplying new bits for me. New poppers, arch liner, 2x xenon bulbs and HID ballast are now in place and the passenger side xenon works again! Awesome, thanks fellas!

Thanks also to Cookbot for using his decade of RAF techie knowledge to fit the new HID unit. We didnt know if there was any water ingress into the headlight, so we took it off...after first removing the wheel, arch liner, under tray and bumper lol Nissan knew how to make the xenon lamps a non-theft item :thumbs:

Taking the old HID ballast off revealed the root cause of the problem - water ingress :headhurt: The old ballast was soaked! And there was water in the lamp too. This has been drained out as best we could, then everything re-fitted with the new parts....i have a working passenger side xenon now !

Kudos once again to the awesomness of this forum. Great knowledgebase, and some really great people who are happy to help out a spanner monkey like me :yahoo:

Im slowly drying the lamp out with the gf's hair dryer (dont tell Lydia!) before i re-seal the crack at the top with some decent sealant. Hopefully it will then be perfectly ok. I did have to re-adjust the height of the beam quite a bit, but this is probably due to disconnecting the lamp unit earlier, or possibly the fact that the HID has been borked for a month and the lamp hasn't had any power to self-adjust. If the water ingress has dirtied the insides up too much - I'm sure i will be after a new passenger lamp :pmzmanalex: :pmr35lee: