cant believe this worked

Dano190485

recently brought new badges for the front and back of my zed. read a few pieces on here about using a hair dryer to get the old ones off off but it also said about being very careful not to damage the paint work. so been racking my brain to try and come up with a safer way. thought i would give a hot water bottle ago and it actually worked.... i got a hot walter bottle took it out its case filled it with boiling water. put a tea towel over the paint work but leaving the badge uncovered. left for a hour and they just peel off. dont know if this will work for everyone as your badge may be stuck down with something different or stronger, but def worth a try.

help this helps

water out the kettle straight onto the badge, job done. takes 5 seconds, doesnt damage paint, and it works, I was hesitant at first with boiling water, but its what i used to get told to do at work on Range Rovers.

Hot water bottle sounds like a cracking idea though :thumbs:

mate i had the same problem deciding, but i went for satin in the end as its the same colour as the original nissan badges and i think the chrome ones would look to much and maybe a lil cheap no pics as yet will take some once ive given it a good clean

I managed it with a hair dryer which given my reputation for wreaking havoc and destruction I was quite pleased about........sadly it does mean I'm technically more adept with a hair dryer than I am a spanner :dry:

:scare:

mate i had the same problem deciding, but i went for satin in the end as its the same colour as the original nissan badges and i think the chrome ones would look to much and maybe a lil cheap no pics as yet will take some once ive given it a good clean

That's what I thought, although it looks like my car have chrome as standard... it's either my eyes or maybe they did different badges depending on the colour of the car?