Halfrauds 240v Polisher - Thoughts?

James B

Has anyone got any experience of this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165640

I want to buy a machine polisher to buff some swirl marks out of my paintwork but the £100 squid for the Dodo one is a little rich for my blood at the moment. I understand it probably wont do quite as good a job as a pro one but equally I dont want to buy something thats going to damage my beloved.

So....... anyone got experience of this polisher or another they would recommend at the same sort of price. All comments welcome! :thumbs:

I wouldn't risk it personally, paint on the Zed is already thin, what happens when you spend a little and end up with a bigger problem than when started.

I'd invest in something more expensive to ensure you get the results you desire.

I have the Maguiars Dual Action polisher and love it with all my life!! It makes light work of applying wax, and does a fantastic job (with the Ultimate Compound swirl removal) and getting rid of swirl marks.

My bro bought one of these ages ago.

It didn't work well with AutoGlym SRP at all.

It's only got a wooly polishing bonnet thing so no good for any kind of detailing work at all.

If you insist on getting one of these don't forget to buy the pink fluffy dice, LED valve caps and four-way light-up cigarette lighter expander too.

It's only got a wooly polishing bonnet thing so no good for any kind of detailing work at all.

If you insist on getting one of these don't forget to buy the pink fluffy dice, LED valve caps and four-way light-up cigarette lighter expander too.

Hey hey hey - nothing wrong with ciggy lighter expanders .... in a landrover! :lol: My mate has loads as he flys commercial hot air balloons and needs to charge loads of stuff all the time like GPS, multiple radios, laptops, cameras etc. :thumbs:

Hey hey hey - nothing wrong with ciggy lighter expanders .... in a landrover! :lol: My mate has loads as he flys commercial hot air balloons and needs to charge loads of stuff all the time like GPS, multiple radios, laptops, cameras etc. :thumbs:

I have the non-Chav version :#1:

f1cc9808.jpg

I had one brought for me ages ago. Used it for the first time the other day to polish the MR2. The car was very pink and is now a bright red again, i wouldnt go near the 350Z with it though. It can do more damage then good and there are a couple places on the edges where it started to cut through to the undercoat.

Its hard work but unless you know what your doing with a machine i'd do it by hand.

Small world isn't it? I had a flight with him if he's the chap who does flights out of Pheonix Green and other places in the region. I bumped into him at the bakers in Hartley Wintney a couple of weeks back.

Small world isn't it? I had a flight with him if he's the chap who does flights out of Pheonix Green and other places in the region. I bumped into him at the bakers in Hartley Wintney a couple of weeks back.

Theres a few outfits out and about in Basingstoke area - he flys for Cameron Ballons - chap by the name of Kerry. I'd imagine you bumped into the chap that runs Adventure Balloons instead. I think he lives over Hartley Witney way, I know their base is over that way. You'd certainly know Kerry if you'd met him! :lol: