heavy knocking noises

IRVO-LFC

guys

left the z with a mechanic friend of mine for the day, had it up on the ramps to investigate a heavy knocking on the front drivers side? All ball joints, wish bone, bushes etc in good condition, brakes caliper ok, wheel bearing fine.

living in Sheffield with some of the worst roads in the country(pot holes) it is a little un-nerving driving over bumpy roads, not being mechanically minded at all and getting a dont know what it is from my guy, i could do with a little help in settling my nerves, any ideas at all for me to investigate would be a great help.

guys, thank you to all for your responses, gives me something to work on (or my mechanic friend)

one thing i can add is, if i turn to the left at a reasonable speed i can also hear a binding noise not quite a grinding metal on metal sound, more as if something is binding on the wheel, but only on the left turn so i can only assume it has something to do with the same problem as this is also the L/H drivers side!!

once again, thank you.

If the car is unstable at speed, then may I humbly suggest not driving it as silly speeds until you do get it fixed?

Like 120mph on the M180?

PMSL :lol::lol:

....... and that was only cos it would not go any faster :bang: