Dentist struck off for farting

LRF4N

I'm just going for the main points instead of reading the article:

# Dentist's flatulence had colleagues reaching for air freshener - fair enough maybe he could have done it in a private place on his own but still, it's hardly against the law.

# Admits flicking V-signs behind patients backs was 'juvenile' - who doesn't get wound up by customers, they make your business money but they can be a right pain in the arse sometimes.

# Forced patients from poorer backgrounds to pay up-front - I would too! Anyone will knock anyone, he's just trying to cover himself.

He has not been struck off yet...and I doubt he will ;) unacceptable if you ask me...but at the same time I can't strike patients off for stinking etc... It should be the same both ways. Dentistry can very rewarding and so frustrating at the same time grrrrr

Yea very. The thing about payment has been taken out of context- dentist lose loads out of unpaid treatment every year and taking payment up front is one way of avoiding it. It's acceptable in other industries why not dentistry?

According to the BBC he's been struck off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sh ... e-12647702

Ooops he has indeed!!

I won't comment further ;) but we ve got a policy for all patients to pay in advance for their treatment -not exams- and it's ok with the gdc and pct but we apply it to all patients. As for pinning kids down I can say all sorts as I am very old fashioned as a person...but I would rather keep my registration :)

Remember giving metronidazole to a 17 year old once and saying to him "it probably doesn't apply to you dude as you are not old enough yet but you have to be very very careful with these tablets-no alcohol at all! Not a sip!"

His mum went barmy saying my son doesn't drink and all the jazz when it was obvious the lad was too 'cool' for his age haha

If we did have the pay up front policy we wouldn't be owed so much money. Most ppl say they will pay at the end of their treatmen and get offended when u ask them to pay at each appt. U wouldn't go to tesco and walk out with a full trolley tellin the security guard ul pay in 2 months would u? :wacko::lol:

I know wot u mean about covering ur back with abs- it's like walking in eggshells at times, can't please everyone