Standard exhaust - Roadster and Coupe - the same?

NeilMH

I have a 2005 standard Roadster. Could someone kindly confirm if the exhaust components are exactly the same as the Coupe's, despite the extra bracing under the roadster. If anything is different what bits are different? Also what year's components are exactly the same - e.g. is it 2003 to when? Many thanks for the help.

Thank you Martin - I didn't want to risk buying something only to discover they were slightly different!

Don't think there is any difference, 4 of us did a mini Milltek group buy last year and one was a Roadster. Will has had no problems at all apart from the permanent grin :teeth:

This is really boring.... :blush:

This year all I can do is play a holding position - I just can't afford to do anything special. However a couple of bits of the exhaust are on the cusp. So I am just keep my eye out for the odd bargain just in case.... to keep me going until......????

I recently re-visited Abbey's original posting about the best mods for the 350 - my long term plan is to go down that road with their help...so for performance improvement I guess I would be focussing on the xyz/race-cat end rather than the back end. My overriding aim is to achieve max torque per £ spent. I would put sound/look as a secondary (very nice to have) objective. I know I also need to get lighter wheels.

Frankly I'd love some of the stuff the other guys have got but I can't afford it!

Thanks Martin. One thing that will help me is that I am not interested in lowering/bigger wheels because I like the compliance built into the standard set-up for road use. Also I'm sticking with the non-GT configuration because its lighter so I won't be adding any "kit". So when my piggy bank is fuller the costs for my plan should be reasonable (ish).

The only thing I've done so far is the 2nd hand Pop charger (purely for the sound!) and Abbey's improved rear ARB drop links and whizzy rose jointed compression arm bushes (to make those problems go away for the foreseeable future/forever).