Renewal time and its £350 more than last year!!!!!

shire350Z

As the subject suggests its time for renewal and the figure i paid last year has risen around £350 :scare: good job i was sat down or i would have fell over. :thumbdown:

Im with Aplan at the moment who were the best for me last year and ill try the usual suspects chris knott, sky, aldrian flux, performance direct, etc etc again this year.

Problem for me is that due to the level off mods on the car (and i inform them of every single one) this drastically reduced the amount of firms willing to insure me and put the car back to how it is now in the case of a claim so forget admiral, elephant, direct line etc there not interested as soon as you mention the amount of mods.

Not sure if any of you guys with plenty of mods have found it a struggle to get a reasonable quote in the last few months, be good to here how you'v found it and what companies have helped you out the most :thumbs:

I was worried about getting insurance for the exhuast, plenum spacer, filter and remap but I contacted sky insurance. They were great, covered it all as part of the plan and to make matters better they even did all this for less than my premium with direct line so i saved myself £50.

What's more as direct line couldn't cover the mods I was having they had to cancel the policy not me so they had to wave the cancelation fee. Always good to know if you need to cancel a policy ;)

As the subject suggests its time for renewal and the figure i paid last year has risen around £350 :scare: good job i was sat down or i would have fell over. :thumbdown:

Im with Aplan at the moment who were the best for me last year and ill try the usual suspects chris knott, sky, aldrian flux, performance direct, etc etc again this year.

Problem for me is that due to the level off mods on the car (and i inform them of every single one) this drastically reduced the amount of firms willing to insure me and put the car back to how it is now in the case of a claim so forget admiral, elephant, direct line etc there not interested as soon as you mention the amount of mods.

Not sure if any of you guys with plenty of mods have found it a struggle to get a reasonable quote in the last few months, be good to here how you'v found it and what companies have helped you out the most :thumbs:

maybe it's because your insured with a cereal company?! :wacko::scare:

51uT2EucdUL._SL500_.jpg

I remember you posted something about your insurance last year, mine is also due on the 7th March and has gone up £150 :scare: with Chris Knott.

I spent a couple of hours phoning around and could get it for £400 with a £850 excess :scare: no chance of that.

Another company would insure me but not cover me for theft of the car, only damage to it unless I fitted a tracker, again what is this world coming to ?

So with my tale between my legs I renewed again with Chris Knott and he is deffo the cheapest with lowest excess and ALL mods listed. Limited milage with them made no difference in price what so ever :wacko:

So I pay £547 :thumbs::thumbs:

ive just had my insurance renewel last month, i too was with Aplan last year but my renewel had gone up from £1500 to £1666 so i rang round the usual suspects that youve listed and got the cheapest qoute from Adrian Flux of £1100 so then rang sky who had quoted my £1300 and they matchd my best quote of £1100. Which i was well happy with as ide sooner be with sky as they seem to be really genuine people who care about cars i want to help u the best they can :thumbs:

My brothers other half, who works for Axa Insurance recommends to always renew as a new customer, even if it's with the same company.

Renewals that are sent out automatically include a higher premium, because they rely on peoples lazyness and want them to just "do nothing" to allow the renewal to take place.

Always call and announce you are cancelling as soon as it runs out and then get a "fresh" quote

Its been well known for years that if you re-quote you will get a lower number - dont need to work in insurance to know that ;)

Admiral can even call up your new quote if you give them the number and match it there and then, takes all of 5 minutes to potentially save yourself hundreds of pounds :thumbs:

Its been well known for years that if you re-quote you will get a lower number - dont need to work in insurance to know that ;)

Admiral can even call up your new quote if you give them the number and match it there and then, takes all of 5 minutes to potentially save yourself hundreds of pounds :thumbs:

Well if you know then fine, just putting the info out for those that don't know.

The addition of the person working within the insurance company is to reassure those that don't know.

Peace and love baby B)