Knocking from the front gone at last

Will370z

Decided that enough was enough and decided it was time to get rid of the knocking noise coming from the front wheels.

Thanks for all the advice and you guys were bang on as usual it was indeed those pesky old drop links.

Booked my car in at the aldershot Nissan garage and have to say I was very impressed. Got a call yesterday evening from the service guy there who introduced himself and said he would be looking after the car the next day and if I had any questions to call him directly.

When I arrived there was a little notice welcoming me, a little ott but still nice to see the place make an effort. The chap I spoke to was very helpful and gave me the keys to a micro courtesy car..... And left me on my way.

He then called 3 times during the day to update me on progress. Was very impressive.

Pity I can't say the same about the micra ....shudder. Ooooo what an odd little car. It was a diesel Eco thing and it was horrible lol. I felt like I was sat on a stool, from which I was going to fall off at the first corner. Gear stick felt like it was going to snap off in my hand, and well the engine. Only thing I can describe is you know when you are young and put cards in the spokes of your wheels to make it sound fast....someone had done that under the bonnet I'm sure. Was glad to get in the zed again.

Just picked her up again and wow she feels tight and solid compared to before. Mind you I'm not sure if that is just the effect of swapping from the micra. No knocking at all which is great. Parts were 79 and labour 133 so seemed reasonable give hourly rates.

Not all good news though, they noted my front brake pads were 90% worn :scare:

Quote to replace both pads is 194 for parts and total with labour is 303.....cry it's going to be an expensive month. Does that sound reasonable. Seems a lot for pads. Time to pm zmanalex me thinks :yahoo:

Discs may also need replacing in a few months.

Have to say though it's great to have her back and aldershot garage were pretty darn good with customer care. They also have a nice collection of about 5 370s and 4 gtrs but i tried not to look at those too much else the visit would have been a whole lot more expensive.

Glad you got the drop links sorted Will :yahoo: , :pmzmanalex: for some Ferrodo DS2500 pads, a full set front and back are around the price that Nissan quoted for the OEM front ones and they are MUCH better B)

£300 labour to supply & fit 2 pads is way too much IMO just go to a decent Independant garage :thumbs:

Pads are easy to do yourself, just get some decent pads and you are sorted, the us a guide here somewhere.

And just one more thing, how come that a high majority of owners that get their cars back from a Nissan dealer get told that their pads are 90% worn?

Go on and check other threads, I'm sure that they all say that.

Never 75% or 80%, but always 90%

Glad you got the drop links sorted Will :yahoo: , :pmzmanalex: for some Ferrodo DS2500 pads, a full set front and back are around the price that Nissan quoted for the OEM front ones and they are MUCH better B)

£300 labour to supply & fit 2 pads is way too much IMO just go to a decent Independant garage :thumbs:

+1

£185 for a full set of Brembo DS2500 pads for Alex.

£40 to your local garage to fit. :thumbs:

That’s where I got my Zed from, Aldershot Nissan. They were good the whole way through the sale. The sales guy who sold me the car was a true zed fan he knew allot about the Zed car history, and also said they are one of the only Nissan dealership set up to deal with the GTR’s so you know your cars going to be in pretty safe hands if they are used to dealing with the higher performance models. And he got me a really good deal on the car and on top of that they threw in the P3 service, 6 months tax, done its first MOT, put £30 in the tank and you get the dealership warranty as well. I was well happy :teeth: I would highly recommend them. But I would still do my own pads and discs whats the worst that could happen?? :drive1

Will didn't I say it was drop links causing the noise last week?

We could supply and fit uprated links cheaper than genuine links.

Give Scott a ring re pads n discs Will.

Hope your still enjoying the Uprev remap?

Yup you were absolutely spot on thanks for the good call.

I'm absolutely loving the remap. Best money I've spent, car feels so different. I've found a problem though, I keep going out in it as a result and emptying the tank. Never spent so much in fuel in such a short time :teeth: thanks again and cheers for sending the dyno results through :#1: