Thinking of changing the zed :(

elfman

Now then chaps,

I've only had the zed 10 months but i'm thinking of changing. The mrs recently moved further away so it means i'm doing around 400-450 miles a week. This means a fuel bill of around £80 a week and thats taking it steady and not really giving the car any beans at all, which makes me think am i better off with something i can rag a little more and save a few quid. I love the zed to pieces and really really dont want to get rid of it but with the fuel bills and needing a new clutch i'm thinking would i be better off with something slightly more eco?

My cars a 04 sunset full gt pack rays tanned leather etc with 56k on the clock so thinking i'll get 8k trade in. What would anyone recomend as a replacement? I'm looking for 35 mpg on good runs this should bring my fuel bill down by around £20 a week, i'd prefer RWD or 4WD but would also consider FWD.

Looked at EP3's as i've owned one and they're bloody good motors for the price, plus Vtec is right up my street.

Any input welcome!

if only fuel was cheap :byebye:

Fuel will never be cheaper than it is right now so make the most of it. By the time you've chopped your car in and gotten something else the cost to change could well be more than that £20 per week, so if you really need to save money then do it properly and go shed. :thumbs:

Fuel will never be cheaper than it is right now so make the most of it. By the time you've chopped your car in and gotten something else the cost to change could well be more than that £20 per week, so if you really need to save money then do it properly and go shed. :thumbs:

+1

Buy a shed for the daily drive and keep the Zed for the fun drives!

+1

Buy a shed for the daily drive and keep the Zed for the fun drives!

+2 - so many times I tried to justify getting something else a bit less sporty but still fun, but you either have to suck it up and enjoy the zed now (because by all means the Gov is trying to outlaw sports cars) or get a shed. The amount you'll loose chopping it in will equate to quite a few fill ups.

Now then chaps, I've only had the zed 10 months but i'm thinking of changing. The mrs recently moved further away so it means i'm doing around 400-450 miles a week. This means a fuel bill of around £80 a week

£80 for 400-350 mile driving!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you converted it to a diesel or something?!?!?

I'm lucky if 95 quid of fuel lasts 300odd miles! :scare:

a stock S2000 driven sensibly will see 35mpg

my average mpg is 29

on my old zed it was 24mpg

Someone already made the shed recommendation :teeth:

:yawn:

really thats the best you can do; just shows how much of an automotive ignoramus you are ;)

Oooooh

handbag.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What can this ignoramous say :p

Post of the month, you spoil me :#1:

Now then chaps, I've only had the zed 10 months but i'm thinking of changing. The mrs recently moved further away so it means i'm doing around 400-450 miles a week. This means a fuel bill of around £80 a week

£80 for 400-350 mile driving!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you converted it to a diesel or something?!?!?

Hahaha thats taking it easy ;)

Rtbiscuit i thought about 2k's but they're to much on insurance.

anyway guys i decided to stop being a p&*$y and keep the car, fitted new belts over the weekend, clutch is getting done end oif the month and got a throttle controller, eco mode for the rubbish roads and when it's wet/cold then SP4-7 when it's nice and drive :drive1:

Agreed, that's some pretty good mpg considering! £80 used to get me about 250 miles!