Passenger side Xenon bulb has blown - part number?

andyvvc

Hi - noticed today while on a local meet near Clumber Forest, that my passenger side Xenon is not working. I hope it's just the bulb, guess i might as well change both at the same time.

Car is a 53 plate UK GT. Am i correct in looking for a decent (Phillips?) D2R xenon bulb pack? How much are two new bulbs gonna be...? :headhurt:

If it ends up being the ballast or power pack im gonna need a seconf hand unit - im not paying Nissan £500 :bang::blackeye:

Thanks

Cheers fellas. I have ordered some non-branded D2R bulbs (packs of two) for about 20 quid each from FleaBay. The Philips equivalents are 60 quid a pair on FleaBay....guess i will find out if they are sh1te or not. Mind you, when i had the 200SX converted to xenon (ballast kit etc) the bulbs for that weren't branded - had no probs with them over 18 months up to selling the car.

Cheers Stew - is the ballast the same as the powerpack that Paul mentions? The bulb that has gone is inside the lens that does occasonally get cloudy/damp at the bottom of the lens. Looking at the TSB on this, it's no worse than the 'acceptable' level that Nissan describe. This might explain why this bulb has died first though.

If it is the ballast/powerpack, Paul will get a PM in a week or so when the new bulbs dont fix the problem :thumbs:

Ta