Latest DIY Mod

SteveW

Cold Air Feed:

post-2854-135011899124_thumb.jpg

Cost - £10 for the hose from Halfords about 1 hour of my time.

Using the right hand deflector plate in the front bumper (as you look at the front of the car) I used a hole saw to cut a hole slightly smaller than the feed pipe.

Then pulled the feed pipe through folding back the edges to secure it.

I then fed the pipe up to just in front of the plastic pipe by the filter its cable tied in place to make it nice and secure.

No idea if it does anything but when I stop the end of the filter is stone cold and hopefully helps a wee bit.

I just need an anodized trumpet thing to make it look a bit more bling :thumbs:

Did this as a proof of concept on my old 350z. Does make a difference, but only on how long it takes to lower the temps from stationary. I found it dropped the temp by maybe 1 or 2 deg in normal driving. From a pull away it dropped the temps significantly quicker than not having it, but that was with a popcharger which was prone to heat soak

:thumbs:

Was it a bumper off job?

I'm thinking of doing something with mine as I feel it would be of benefit with the FI.

I don't really want to cut a nostril in the bonnet if I can help it, so something like what you've done may suit. Another option maybe to extend the intake pipe and fit the filter behind the bumper somewhere.

Was it a bumper off job?

I'm thinking of doing something with mine as I feel it would be of benefit with the FI.

I don't really want to cut a nostril in the bonnet if I can help it, so something like what you've done may suit. Another option maybe to extend the intake pipe and fit the filter behind the bumper somewhere.

No mate I managed to do it by just taking the undertray off, then removing the deflector. They are only held on by clips.

I was then able to feed it all back in from the bottom and route it to where I wanted from the top :thumbs:

Did this as a proof of concept on my old 350z. Does make a difference, but only on how long it takes to lower the temps from stationary. I found it dropped the temp by maybe 1 or 2 deg in normal driving. From a pull away it dropped the temps significantly quicker than not having it, but that was with a popcharger which was prone to heat soak

Cheers man, that is good to know. :boxing:

Was it a bumper off job?

No mate I managed to do it by just taking the undertray off, then removing the deflector. They are only held on by clips.

I was then able to feed it all back in from the bottom and route it to where I wanted from the top :thumbs:

If you have skinny wrists then you can just do it through the slats in the front and fishing it out through the gap where the bonnet latch is ;)

Was it a bumper off job?

If you have skinny wrists then you can just do it through the slats in the front and fishing it out through the gap where the bonnet latch is ;)

:lol: I can't even get two fingers through the slats had to use a long screwdriver to get to the clips.