Results of my UpRev at RS Tuning

SteveW

For all those of you who don't nip into the Group Buy forum I have now been UpRev tuned.

A massive thank you to Paul at RS :#1:

Proper sound guy, answered all my (possibly stupid) questions.

I had never actually realised how good the car sounds until today having only ever heard it on videos and from the drivers seat but at full chat on the dyno it sounds just how it should :cloud9: (well in my opinion anyway)

So what about the results?????

Well sadly someone had left the stable doors open and 8 ponies had escaped over stock power figures :thumbdown:

Start reading on run 2 was 268BHP run 3 yielded 265BHP and run 1 - 267BHP.

So quite similar.

Peak torque was around 250 foot pound.

Well after mapping I finished up with 279BHP so Paul managed to round up all 8 of the escaped ponies and found 3 more hiding in the bushes.

Whilst power isn't up much over stock its the torque that matters and that is far better! Peak Torque is up around 267 foot pound now. :teeth:

You can feel this difference, however the best part of the map is after 5k to the limiter after about 5K the car comes to life. If you look at the torque curves there is about 20 - 25 foot pound more from 5K to the end and it really tears through this part of the range, love it.

The car also picks up much quicker when low down in the revs, really love second gear now :thumbs:

Overall I am well happy. The difference isn't earth shattering but it makes the car far far better. No idea about better fuel economy as yet as I haven't had my foot off the floor!

Just to reiterate Jeff's comments (from teh group buy post) Paul and the other bloke (sorry can't remember his name) were excellent really know their stuff and I am well happy with the car now. Once again a massive thank you to everyone at RS Tuning for the work and the group buy.

You never know I might even get some decats in the future.......and remap but we'll see.

As you can see as stock the fuelling was all over. I have a very smooth power curve now:

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Hi Steve great isnt it? Been telling everyone who asks me about the day it was the best £414 I've ever spent on a car.

Don't forget, now the car has the licence, if you go for the next uprev it should be about £140+ cheaper.

Glad you enjoyed the day.

Looks good! Bet your chuffed.

I am indeed mate, we all want more though - mmmmmmm supercharger :teeth: long wait yet though!

Hi Steve great isnt it? Been telling everyone who asks me about the day it was the best £414 I've ever spent on a car.

Don't forget, now the car has the licence, if you go for the next uprev it should be about £140+ cheaper.

Glad you enjoyed the day.

Hi Mate yes its class, now we have the licence remapping is only £100 per hour and Paul said he can remap one in about an hour once the base maps in there :thumbs: provided not going FI then takes a bit longer.

Just hope to save some fuel once I can take my foot off the accelerator! :lol:

Steve

Well first drive to work this morning and fuel indications are good when going steady.

On the normal commute to work I get around 26 - 26.5 mpg.

This morning driving no different I got 29.2 mpg.

Hopefully that will keep going and the remap will have paid for itself in no time :lol: