Emissions fault

Magnum

ive just had my car fail its MOT on the emission, the fella showed me on the print out and it was only slightly over but he still had to fail it. ive had a look under and the exhaurst doesnt seem to be blowing so its leading me to the lambda sensor. apparently theres a front and a back sensor and if so were are they so i can have a look? and is there a way of testing the sensors?

cheers jay

Hello and welcome to the club. :) You should do an introduction thread to give a little background info and say hello. ;)

Is your car a UK or JDM? What year? Any modifications?

I believe there are four sensors -two sensors on each side, one in front and one after each of the CATs. Are you getting any CEL lights at all?

Has it got a CEL on? if not I would say the cats need to be a little warmer?

Can you scan and post up the failure ticket?

+1

I would have thought a problem with any sensor or an inefficient CAT would throw the CEL, so as Mark suggests it may just need to be warmed up a bit first.

cheers for the advice guys but ive got it sorted now, took it to a mates garage and he stuck it on his emissions tester and it passed. strange i thought so i got the a emissions certificate off ma mate and went back to the garage with it, kicked up a load of @*!# about him tryin to rip me off and guess what he try'ed it again and it passed?! figure that one out.....