Any one for a Jet?

iain10101

I preferred the Mig 21 that was up for sale a few years back, came with a spare engine too :teeth:

Yeah, but with the Harrier has more kudos, especially when you land it in the back garden and tell the neighbours its your new 'shed' to replace the Rover :lol:

I preferred the Mig 21 that was up for sale a few years back, came with a spare engine too :teeth:

Yeah, but with the Harrier has more kudos, especially when you land it in the back garden and tell the neighbours its your new 'shed' to replace the Rover :lol:

More interested in the bottom three items Colin, especially useful for people i dont like ;):lol:

Looks more menacing too :teeth:

800px-MiG_above_clouds.jpg

General characteristics

Crew: 1

Length: 15.76 (with pitot tube) m (51 ft 8.47 in)

Wingspan: 7.154 m (23 ft 5.66 in)

Height: 4.1 m (13 ft 5.41 in)

Wing area: 23.0 m² (247.3 ft²)

Empty weight: 4,871 kg (10,738 lb)

Gross weight: 7,100 kg (15,650 lb)

Powerplant: 1 × Tumanskiy R11F-300, 37.27 kN (8,380 lbf) thrust dry, 56.27 kN (12,650 lbf) with afterburner each

Performance

Maximum speed: 2,125 km/h (1,385 mph)

Maximum speed: Mach 2.05

Range: 1,580 km (981 miles)

Service ceiling: 19,000 m (62,335 ft)

Armament

1x internal 30 mm NR-30 cannon, plus

2x K-13 or K-13A (R-3S) AAM or

2x 500 kg (1,102 lbs) of bombs

To be honest the driver (sorry pilot) seat looks a bit worn!!

Spoilers pretty good, although not a great deal of tread on the tyres, in addition I couldn't see any road tax. I'm sure you can knock him down a few grand, especially as it's decomissioned!!

Are there any age restrictions with this sort of vehicle for insurance purposes, say like minimum 25 etc?

Damn - just thought, I haven't got a pilot's license - oh well forget it. (It would need to go on a diet anyway - far too heavy for my liking!)

To be honest the driver (sorry pilot) seat looks a bit worn!!

Spoilers pretty good, although not a great deal of tread on the tyres, in addition I couldn't see any road tax. I'm sure you can knock him down a few grand, especially as it's decomissioned!!

Don't you mean declared SORN? :D