New dvd sterio unit fitting advice please?

Jed

have just bought a new dvd,etc double din to replace the bose but im a bit of an electronic numpty. :blush: have fitted units in past but nothing like the z before. What will i need other than my unit if anything or does anyone know a good fitter in Leeds area? have tried Leeds audio but he not intrested.

the unit is nothing spectacular and comes with digital freeview,etc

Any advice would be good n thanks in anticipation.

u will need,

facsia adapter,

steering wheel control looms (if you have steering wheel controls)

loom adapter for the power and speakers ect.

lots of patience. what unit have u got? as there is a guide in the audio section on the site that explains what is needed.

good luck. also fit a reversing cam whilst you are there! its awesome!

Bought this one. Originally for my MG but thought ide try it in Z as my Bose is kaput!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XTRONS-TD713-7-Ca ... 2c5a7d5d7c

Have the facia adaptor with it too. is there anything missing from the included wiring that i need?

will be interesting to see what the quality and picture/sound is like on these "unknown" brands. it looks pretty sweet to me. :thumbs:

the fascia adapter is one that you will need to actually mount it to the dash board. a normal surround wont do the job. i have no clue as to the looms both the normal and the steering wheel ones. perhaps you could post a pic of all of the connectors on the back of the HU.

Bought this one. Originally for my MG but thought ide try it in Z as my Bose is kaput!

Have the facia adaptor with it too. is there anything missing from the included wiring that i need?

will be interesting to see what the quality and picture/sound is like on these "unknown" brands. it looks pretty sweet to me. :thumbs:

the fascia adapter is one that you will need to actually mount it to the dash board. a normal surround wont do the job. i have no clue as to the looms both the normal and the steering wheel ones. perhaps you could post a pic of all of the connectors on the back of the HU.

Will post pics of the install n my cut n soar fingers,etc!

Silvertech the suppliers are a UK based Chinese company. But have an excellent service n customer care and a few lads n lasses off the MG forum have reccommended them for aftercare.

As for the Unit. I have heard of some problems with them and bad connections but again any probs n silvertech give a good warranty n techy service.

So we'll wait n see? Just bought a rear view cam to ad to the digi freeview box! So im hoping it will be a good set up?

This is the unit I bought and it works just fine. :thumbs:

Quite interested to hear feedback on this! How is the unit? Does it work well?? Sound quality etc?

I'd also be interested to hear how you got on with making the steering wheel controls work, did that all work without problem too???

Cheers in advance,