Sat Nav Driving Me Crazy

KiwiChick

I have a 350Z facelift model with built-in sat nav. The sat nav is driving me round the bend (no pun intended). I cannot enter a destination postcode - the only way to input a destination is to type in the street, city and building number. This has proved useless on a number of occasions.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed so that destinations can be entered by using postcodes?

Not sure if this true, but I was told at the weekend during a ZED mini-meet that if you insert the first 4 digits and the first one of the second 4 it will default to the road you are looking for. I have yet to try in the 370 as the early models with the 'connect premium' also, and surprisingly) do not have the post code feature.

Good luck, and BTW - Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Probably a stupid question, but I do wonder why they have designed such a useless sat nav for the Z. I also have a Nissan Qashqai which has a brilliant (normal) sat nav, using postcodes. What made them make the sat navs so different between their models I wonder.

Probably a stupid question, but I do wonder why they have designed such a useless sat nav for the Z. I also have a Nissan Qashqai which has a brilliant (normal) sat nav, using postcodes. What made them make the sat navs so different between their models I wonder.

I believe it's not a difference in models rather than the age of the sat-nav, all Nissan satnavs had no postcodes until recently. I'm guessing your Qashqai is newer than the Z?

I don't get why people moan about not having full post codes, unless you know where you are going then you need the full address don't you? I much prefer the way the Nav works in both my cars, takes the first 4 digits then asks you for a road and house number :shrug:

Yes, but you also have to mention that we (read as you, me and others that have installed aftermarket stereos) don't use the Nissan Sat Nav system.

I don't get why people moan about not having full post codes, unless you know where you are going then you need the full address don't you? I much prefer the way the Nav works in both my cars, takes the first 4 digits then asks you for a road and house number :shrug:

Yes, but you also have to mention that we (read as you, me and others that have installed aftermarket stereos) don't use the Nissan Sat Nav system.

Yeah I know I just meant in general, when I got my RNS510 for the Leon people moaned about it not taking full post codes I just don't get it that's all :shrug:

If the Nissan SatNav takes 4 digits then road etc then it would be ok for me :thumbs:

There's absolutely no way to enter any kind of postcode in my Z, so not sure what you mean by enter the first 4 characters of the postcode, that doesn't make sense as the only option is to enter the full street name.

Yes my Qashqai (or Q as I call it - ha ha) is only 1 year old, my Z is 3 years old. Have been living with Z-sat-nav-rage for a year now and finally decided to find a forum to ask about it to see if I was just missing something obvious....

There's absolutely no way to enter any kind of postcode in my Z, so not sure what you mean by enter the first 4 characters of the postcode, that doesn't make sense as the only option is to enter the full street name.

Yes my Qashqai (or Q as I call it - ha ha) is only 1 year old, my Z is 3 years old. Have been living with Z-sat-nav-rage for a year now and finally decided to find a forum to ask about it to see if I was just missing something obvious....

Ahhh I see... well rip it out and get an aftermarket one then, the Bose is crap anyway so 2 jobs at once :lol:

Funnily enough, I had a Sony Xplod in my previous car which I think I prefer to the Bose I've got now :-)

Oh and yeah, who the hell plays cassette tapes these days?? Thought I was seeing things when I first clocked that!!!

It isn't a 'real' Bose :ninja:

It is cheap tat with a Bose badge :thumbdown:

It stayed in my Zed for 2 days but then I had previous experience on in-car Bose in my Mazda :yuck: