Ok, so applied sound deadening yesterday

RisingPower

To the trunk and rear wheel wells, reasonable improvement on road noise and general deadness :thumbs:

Now, I was thinking either second skin luxury liner pro on top of the tyre cover or actually on the rear trunk, not quite sure where is best but I'm guessing it may be a bit heavy for the tyre cover.

Which got me thinking, presumably, carpet is a pretty good barrier for sound, since the standard boot mat is thin as anything, what about lying some carpet underneath it? Seen mention that felt underlay is good, but which do you guys reckon is worth trying more? Bit of underlay underneath the z boot mat or thicker carpet? Or maybe even both...

Cheers :thumbs:

have a look at the first picture here, you can see the thick boot mat that goes over the crappy thin one.

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=41851&hilit=strut+lighting

But... that's the one i've got in mine which goes over that bit of plastic cover and over the bare sheet metal just in front of the strut brace?

yeah, there are two carpets in mine. one thin crappy one and that thicker one ontop