Where did my Sunday go?

Will370z

Popped out to the car this morning and noticed the front tyre was a little lowish so drove down to the local garage and topped up the air. Popped into the local shop for a few bits and bobs, came out and saw a rather large bird must have unloaded on my roof. lovely.

Was going to have a lazy day but thought - i really should wash that off.

While im at it i felt sorry for the alloys, so i tried out the new alloy wheel cleaner i got from our seminar at Meguiars. Worked a treate.

Now the tyres looked rough so thought cant leave it like that.

Then thought sod it lets give it a quick clean. (2 buckets of course ;)) Looked lovely.

Then i remember back last year at the Wise Old Owl when Zugara let me touch his mirror like rear end (the zed dave... the zed...) and i was really impressed. I thought why dont i try claying the car, its still early. All i can say is wow, loads of muck came off the car i was really suprised. The bar was brown at the end. For all those that havent tried it you really should its great.

Neighbour who had popped out early returned and came over to see why i was rubbing blue tack all over the car (his words). He was impressed and is buying some.

Since i'd clayed it i decided well now is as good a time as any to try out my new Meguiars buffer. So on goes the Ultimate compound. Buffer is so easy to use even an idiot like me could work it. Its great.

Wiped it down then put the tech wax on for a final wax and polish. Neighbour then had returned from his second little visit shopping. I think he now considers me mad spending all day on the car.

Car looks great now, all i can say is that %*&%$@ little bird has cost me about 4 and a half hours today but ive enjoyed every minute :)

Newmotor001.jpg

Doors looked and felt like glass, ignore the ugly bloke in the reflection.

Newmotor007.jpg

Same with the bonnet

Newmotor008.jpg

Ooo i love that exhaust

Newmotor011.jpg

Newmotor012.jpg

Newmotor015.jpg

Grand job Will looking fantastic!!!!!!

The clay is superb. Got back from Skiing yesterday and spent 4 hours on my girl (the car not my other half :lol: ) and I've not even needed to wax or clay since last month. It's just a shame when the car gets dirty as you have to clean her all over again.

Very nice job Will, I agree about the clay I was a clay virgin until I got my Zed I just can't understand how a little blob of clay can make it sooooo smooth B)

Can't wait to have a go with the buffer, I bet your car has never looked so good ( I mean that in a nice way :p )

I have a day off tomorrow but I am going to Abbey for a service so will have to wait until next weekend, hope the weather is nice B)

Oh and +1 on the Exhaust :#1:

Way to go Will, that is a top job :thumbs: My paint work should be hard enough soon to give it the wax treatment, in theory the bonnet and roof shouldn't need claying as they've only just been resprayed but I'm sure someone will tell me something different :blush:

Like you, went out to the gargae this morning and re fitted the strut cover and thought about washing her but I went for a 2 hour driver instead :lol::lol: Chilling out now with a nice real ale and all in my world is good :thumbs::thumbs:

Excellent job there Will - consider yourself a pro now ;)

Is there a need to use protection tape on the unpainted surfaces before using the buffer - having not attended the Meqs training session but seeing the use of blue tape the detailers use before buffing, was just wondering....... :surrender:

Excellent job there Will - consider yourself a pro now ;)

Is there a need to use protection tape on the unpainted surfaces before using the buffer - having not attended the Meqs training session but seeing the use of blue tape the detailers use before buffing, was just wondering....... :surrender:

I think the only tape they used with the buffer was so you could see the difference between before and after... don't remember seeing them putting tape over the lights etc :shrug:

Thanks guys. Glad you like. Am totally knackered now, could definitely do with one of your ales Graham.

Colin, don't think you need to tape up to protect unpainted surfaces. Mind you I was careful and manually did all the bits near the roof. Pads were very flexible though and got into many of the dips and bumps. It was great.

One thing I did learn though was don't lift the buffer off the car when it's still rotating. the leftover polish immediately got sprayed all over me and the car I had just finished. Just meant I had to go over it again :teeth:

Very B) there mate.

Hope this not a hijack but my sunday went looking at a couple of motors for a mate. An accountant with no mechanical nonce whatsoever :lol:

Anyway ended up actually buying a Golf R32 absolutely mint 57 plate with only 13k on the clock!

Couldnt find a mark on it inside and out. Drove like a new car, 1/2hr testdrive and was very impressed.

Comfy,quite,fairly rapid and great brakes :teeth:

Very shiny and looking really good Will :thumbs: . Spent most of my day on The Zed's too, swapping the wheels over (long story) now I'm aching all over.. :wheelchair: At least I managed to give the wheels a good clean while they were off :)

Pete

Very shiny and looking really good Will :thumbs: . Spent most of my day on The Zed's too, swapping the wheels over (long story) now I'm aching all over.. :wheelchair: At least I managed to give the wheels a good clean while they were off :)

Pete

Did you take any piccies of the new wheels?

Pete

Did you take any piccies of the new wheels?

What new wheels :lol: They are a surprise, don't tell anyone :) . They haven't arrived yet, just making preparations, moving spacers, etc, all will be revealed when I get them ;)

Pete