What Camera question - For close up pics

Unfortunatley I have zero knowledge when it comes to cameras - its a mine field out there !!! :wacko:

We need a camera to take close up pics of small machined items. Smallest item will be about the size of a paper clip for example.

What I need is a camera thats cheap(ish) £100-£200 but will take good close up detailed pics of small items, not bothered about anything else flashy as thats the only thing it will be used for.

Someone mentioned something about macro ??? means nothing to me really..

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions before I trawl through the high streets and interweb

Cheers Chris :thumbs:

Most digitals have two macro settings(just press the button)

One focuses from about 1cm the other 6 or 7cm.

You select this mode and adjust the camera up or down for the best focus.

Hope this makes sence. :shrug:

Most digitals have two macro settings(just press the button)

One focuses from about 1cm the other 6 or 7cm.

You select this mode and adjust the camera up or down for the best focus.

Hope this makes sence. :shrug:

+1 dont need anything special, just make sure if its a point and shoot it has a macro function :thumbs:

I'm selling my Sony DSC-H1 which will focus to 2cm. :scare:

Reviews here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydsch1/

Quote:

The H1's macro mode lets you get as close as 2cm at the wide end of the zoom, capturing an area of just under 40mm (1.5 inches) across - roughly the same as the Panasonic FZ5. Interestingly, this is roughly the smallest area the Canon S2 IS can capture using it's much-trumpeted Super Macro mode before the lens gets so near to the subject that it blocks out all light. At the wide end of the zoom there is inevitably some corner softness and distortion (and some visible chromatic aberration), but it's better than most of its direct competitors, and there is little or no vignetting. Obviously at a shooting distance of 2cm there is a real danger of the lens casting a shadow on the subject, but it's not a serious issue.

Yours for £80 plus postage. All boxed and ready to rock!