Recommend a 4x4 or estate

ewan221

Have decided to take the cash and rather that company car so will be looking to spend £4 to £5k on something to use for work and also unlike now have something for the dog to jump in back of and head off up the local hills :D

The only restriction I have is that it must be 4 door and not a "hot hatch" would also be looking for at least 35 mpg. For the dog dont mind if its a seats down job for him ar on rarley will there be more that 2 in car but he is a big lump of a boy :)

This wont be for a while yet but like to obsess about a car purchase for quite a few months before I take the plunge

I went from a bog standard Astra Estate to a Freelander. Both soot chuckers, Astra 45-50 mpg Freelander 40-42 mpg.

They aint class but with, dogs,fishing,shooting and trips to the builders ,woodyard and skip they work for me.

I regularly get over 39 mpg out of the X-Trail - 2.2 dCi sport. About 450 miles to a tank full.

Loads of room in the back with the seats down/out and plenty for five with the seats up and still a big enough boot.

Not a bad car to drive either, and the switchable 4x4 helps in the winter but means 2wd in the summer and better consumption.