Stereo woes!

Mickeywheelspin

Hi all,

I've only had my zed for a couple of weeks and I absolutely love it - got a little more poke than the 1968 Triumph Spitfire I was driving :)

Anyway, so far I've only got a couple of slight grumbles (I know they've probably been covered many times before - sorry). Firstly the Bose cd player.... it's....well.... rubbish! Unless I'm on the motorway or dead flat A road it jumps all over the place. The query I have is that the car does have an aftermarket iphone dock wired into the centre console and from reading around it looks like the common "bodge" is to solder this onto the tape deck tracks on the PCB in the stereo and trick it into playing from the ipod rather than the tape deck. Sadly however even after I managed to find an old tape and put that in it doesn't work. Am I missing something - is there another way this might work??

My second query is the voice dialling - how on earth do you programme that?? It'd be nice if it pressing the button on the wheel it triggered the voice dialling on my iphone but I dont think that's an option.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike

Oh - it's a 56 plate GT if that helps :-)

Hi and welcome to the forum. The Bose is not very well liked, the best option seems to be changing it out. :)

Thanks martin but this soon after splashing out for the car I'm reluctant to fork out again for a new head unit. Plus, I think there are sometimes issues with incorporating the steering wheel controls / loosing the sat nav voice etc. If I can get the dock working for now I'll be happy while I look down the back of the sofa for change to get a new head unit.

if there is a aux lead wired into the bose then this i believe would make the tape deck inoperable

Husky, I'm not too sure if the tape deck works or not - it certainly loads and turns but the only tape I could find was blank.

Mike

Boney M? Awesome - vaguely remember doing a search on a search on everyhit.com for the number one when I was born and that turned out to be Boney M - Rivers of Babylon B)

Also stupid question about the voice dialing but have u got the BT module required to pair the phone to the car.

Yep - got the BT adapter and the phone connects fine, it's just that I would like to be able to make calls without dialing from the phone handset.

PM sent :D