Newcar? deciding what to get page 2 shortlist HELP

iain10101

:help::surrender:

Im under the impression that the insurance company are going to write off my mondeo from my previous post and am looking probably prematurely. But looking around the budget we have opens us up to quite some choice. Im looking to spend about £12000. And im looking for these aspects of a car;

1, 5 doors as 3 children

2, A little sporty looking as i like heads turning

3, reasonably quick as the mondeo is a 2.5v6

4, something the wife will like as you know! lol

5, something cheap to repair if things go wrong!

6, RELIABLE..................

7, something the wife is able to drive AND PARK???, NO BOATS ETC!!!

I at present like the focus st2 and you can get one within the budget, a facelift model 08 too. also looking at audi, vw and bmw but not cheap to repair.

I appreciate any pointers in the right direction and thank you in advance in my time of need.

volvo s50 or s40 d5 or t5 sport. Love both of them :thumbs:

Im not sure im old enough to go volvo said my wife, lol In a way i agree. That time will come im sure, decent car for sure!

And im lovin the juke, but im not sure id like to own one if you know what i mean?

and the 159 sweet looking ride but i need a car thats reliable too, my mate bought one last year and it is always in the dealers, and im sure its not cos they just wanna look at it. I will add that to my bullet points. lol

volvo s50 or s40 d5 or t5 sport. Love both of them :thumbs:

Im not sure im old enough to go volvo said my wife, lol In a way i agree. That time will come im sure, decent car for sure!

And im lovin the juke, but im not sure id like to own one if you know what i mean?

the t5 is wild man :scare: and it has a nice big turbo so when you remap it becomes even faster... same engine as the focus st but alot better the v50 t5 is stunning also. The s40 and v50 are my favourites

http://www.swedespeed.com/old_site/resources/downloads/wallpaper/s40/wp1/800x600.jpg

When you stand by a Juke in person, they're very high off the ground, like a small 4x4, so even with backing camera, can't imagine they'd be the easiest of things to parallel park, if that's of concern.

I've been pretty happy with my Lancer.....personally I think they've got a good set up on the go now. Interior is much better than previous generations, 30gb multimedia sat nav system, 18 inch alloys, full leather ETCETC.

Comes with a 2 litre diesel lump (140bhp pumpe duse VW unit) which can be quite easily remapped or in my case I use a decentish piggy back chip which seems to make it move like shehite of a shovel (decent = not a Superchip at £400 but not an ebay '50bhp increase' for £14.99 either).

Mitsi reliability, big enough for 5, reasonably quick (quicker than a frigging Juke anyway), 40 mpg if you thrash it - 50's if you nurse.

mitsubishi_lancer_gs4_saloon_92480267984252193.jpg

605832-340d4780-be7f-44d6-9cbd-3ffa9043ead4.jpg

How about a Seat Leon Cupra

Nice one for sale on PH but a little over budget but plenty others within budget

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1788250.htm

Or here is one within budget

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2340057.htm

what this man said although id go for the diesel fr over cupra just for fuel economy, plus you could always fit the cupra kit on to it (of if your lucky like my mum it came with it on already). only problem is it was terrible in the snow.

ricey is the mitsi a 4wd

Sadly its not mate.......actually handles quite well considering its front wheel drive though.

The 'warm hatch' Ralliart version is but thats out of price range.

is this a lancer pre evo genetics?

Pretty much. They're all body fitted up as standard now and aside from the seats the same interior.....engines, breaks, suspension etc are different to the evo though.

I have narrowed it down to three cars with the wife......

Focus ST2 as im a ford man, but need the st2 not 3 as 3 children, and not many about.

VW Golf GTi as the wifey wants id prefer the R32

Leon FR I likey! wifey no likey?

Or a qashqai or juke which we both like 'ish' and from our local nissan garage we can get a good deal as the 350 came from them too

Or another 350z but that means we have to take 2 cars everywhere, so not that practical.

Please help me decide as im going mad here!!!!

Cheers all

what this man said although id go for the diesel fr over cupra just for fuel economy, plus you could always fit the cupra kit on to it (of if your lucky like my mum it came with it on already). only problem is it was terrible in the snow.

Diesel FR economy is not great, lucky if I get 40mpg which is pants for a Diesel, but then it's not any ordinary Diesel :ninja: