Wanted: Hi Flow Cats (Preferably Berks..)

ozwald

Seasons Greetings to you all!

As the subject suggests I'm looking for a set of Hi Flow Cats, preferably BERKS as I need them to have anti-foulers and I'm led to believe the Berks ones have them as standard, however if anyone has an alternative please suggest.

Money is burning a hole in my pocket and I'm in need of more NOISE!

Thanks! :thumbs:

Oz

Well from what I've heard from youtube videos, which I know are to be taken lightly, but alas I have no other choice, full on decats give the exhaust note too much 'rasp' and I really like the sound given off by the Berks... but I can't seem to find them anywhere... :(

Hi Flow cats are a nice middle ground, you get more rasp, more noise but not too much AND they are legal, which decats are not, although I know if you find an MOT tester who will turn a blind eye you are ok ;)

I got my Berks off a member on here who sold up and took them off his car, the first thing that hit me was the weight of them, I would say that both Berks weight about half what 1 standard cat does :scare:

I have CEL light issues at the moment and got some spacers for ZedMan but I am having an upRev soon which will get rid of them anyway :thumbs:

Yea, ideally I wanted to avoid importing due to the cost as they need to go to the UK and then come to Jersey but it looks like that might be my only option. Any suggestions on who to import from? I used Adam@Z1 for my Nismo zorst and he was excellent but on his site it doesn't appear that he stocks the Berk HFC's.

MOT isn't an issue as we don't have those tests over here but although I want more noise I don't want huge levels as I have my Celica for that and I do enjoy the odd trip over to franceland which means some motorway miles.

Ah well my search goes on!

Do the resonated decats still rasp? I like the rasp, all real cars with power rasp.

Berks & a Milltek have a nice rasp, and a Milltek is fairly quiet on its own. Also very very little drone which is a real godsend after the Buddy Club :surrender:

I think decats would be a step too far but then I have done the whole LOUD exhaust thing, also the good thing with Berks is you can leave the standard airbox in with a good panel filter as you don't need the extra noise of a Pop Charger of similar :thumbs:

I have dc manifolds, japspeed y pipe, japspeed k2, hi flo cats and there isnt really any droan on motorway.

any sound clips of your car D block ?, i have the k2 and japspeed y pipe and wondering what the noise is like with high flow cats ?

Il get some up when I get it back :thumbs:

I have dc manifolds, japspeed y pipe, japspeed k2, hi flo cats and there isnt really any droan on motorway.

any sound clips of your car D block ?, i have the k2 and japspeed y pipe and wondering what the noise is like with high flow cats ?

Il get some up when I get it back :thumbs:

It is very difficult to get an idea of the sound from a video clip though. Hopefully this weekend I can get a comparison clip of a Milltek with just a pop charger and a milltek with HFC's :thumbs:

Comparison ones at least give you an idea of the differences...