Measurement question

Chesterfield

Hi,

After a favour really as I cant easily access the Z and its doors at the moment.

Can someone advise on how far out a fully open Z door protrudes from the body of the car. I know the length of the door is around 1300mm, but with the angle of opening, how far do they actually stick out from the car?

I am currently undergoing a project of looking at building a larger garage as part of an extension and am looking at how to maximise garage spaces without building what resembles a row of stables or office parking block.

Hopefully once the weather defrosts Ill be out with the masking tape and mocking up the size of the building/spaces etc - Im just after a couple of measurements to start plotting rough drawings on paper.

Thanks for any help :)

What Im doing is designing the four spaces so I can open a car door without hitting the car next to it. What Im using to be on the safe side is the widest car I may ever get (say 2m) plus the addition of the largest door.

That means a space of 2m wide with 1.3m gap between each car, plus an extra 1.3m for the left most cars passenger side and say 2m on the right hand side of the right most car to give room for a workbench

Gives a total width of 15.2m or about 50 feet. :blink: I think Im going to have to start marking things up with masking tape after the thaw and see whether 2m plus a Z door for each car is being excessive. The Z will actually not have its own door but Im thinking of having it slide over from the third door, as I dont want any more than three doors on the front to prevent it from looking a bit overkill on the garages.

like this :) (its a british company that manufacture these so I should be ok in getting one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Ygj21OtaU

Got me wondering, so out to the 370 with the tape measure

Door fully opened, measured at 90 degrees from roofline level is 1250mm and measured from the doorsill (the part otherwise closest to a wall) is 1020mm. :)

They said the 370 was smaller :lol: