As it's almost Xmas........ something Xmasý

bronzee

As it's almost Xmas thought I share a pic I took a week ago of what is commonly referred to as the NZ Christmas Tree, as they are covered in these gorgeous red flowers, leaving a carpet of red underneath the trees. These trees usually flower about Christmas time, or just before and one of this grand size might be about 100 or more years old, quite slow growing.

Fable is said, and it's usually bang on, that if they flower before Xmas, it will be a very hot summer. Well it's been a roaster so far!!

Stew thought it looked like a oversized Bonsai Tree. :lol:

Anyway, the NZ Pohutukawa Tree.

TawharanuiRegionalPark12Dec2010No6.jpg

TawharanuiRegionalPark12Dec2010No8.jpg

Something a bit different from snow & it's still festive, Kiwi styles. :lol:

It hurts my brain to comprehend that xmas takes place in summer down under :wacko:

You should go down under at Christmas, BBQ Lobster etc on the beach, sun, surf, and plenty of XXXX or whatever your tipple - far better than staying here in fear of pranging the wife's car in the ice ;)

This tree isn't in full bloom yet, they are normally absolutely red all over. Red Bonsai. :lol: Stew, where's your chain saw!? :lol:

It hurts my brain to comprehend that xmas takes place in summer down under :wacko:

You should go down under at Christmas, BBQ Lobster etc on the beach, sun, surf, and plenty of XXXX or whatever your tipple

I know where I prefer to have Xmas. :sun::sun: :kicking We do have an Ice Bar in town, if that helps Sarnie, so you feel at home. :p:lol::lol::lol::cold:

Ebi, we tend to have European brews down here, or Kiwi (Steinlager, Lion Red, Bean Rock etc), oops I think XXXX Aussie brew is still owned by an NZ brewery. :lol: