Hot Marques trackday Knockhill - Anyone been?

srobrien

Hey, I got a hot marques trackday from my g/f as part of my xmas present. Never been to a trackday before so looking forward to it. Hopefully as it's "Hot Marques" the other drivers should be more sensible than the hot hatches. Anyone been to this even before? Any advice? And should I get track day insurance?

Thanks

R

Hi Ross,

You will be fine at the Hot Marques events mate as they are well marshalled and they no longer allow race cars on. :ban:

Most of the weekly private events are pretty cool as well, in particular Track Scotand and SIDC events. :drive1

Drop me a pm when you decide which HM you will be attending. :thumbs:

There are usually a few M3s and M5s attend the HM events so you will not be alone. :lol::lol::lol:

Alex.

According to the Knockhill website the next HM isn't till 5th April so will need to see how that ties in with my time at home. Who do you get your track day insurance with?

R

I personally do not bother, what will be will be. :lol:

Vik has done this before so she will advise :thumbs:

And no one will insure Neil so no point in asking him :lol:

According to the Knockhill website the next HM isn't till 5th April so will need to see how that ties in with my time at home. Who do you get your track day insurance with?

R

:lol: I was thinking that as well, if I have a crash you can all help me push it out onto the road :lol:

R

R

:lol: cheeky sod!

Lol I don't bother as I'm too young which means the prices are very very high :drive1

R

:lol: cheeky sod!

Lol I don't bother as I'm too young which means the prices are very very high :drive1

Never mind Neil, once you get your race licence for next season you will qualify for a discount on your insurance. :thumbs::drive1

I took out insurance for one track day Ross - it cost £70 for 4hrs insurance and the excess was £1500- and the small print states that you're only covered for 'impact' - so if you bin it of your own accord into the kitty litter or tyre wall you're not covered.

This was with Richard Eger - now Reiss- http://www.reis.co.uk/ - who seems to be the most recommended and used on the forums :thumbs:

TBH - you'd only ever claim on track day insurance if you'd had a total loss- in which case you'd prolly not be in a fit state to drive again anyway :lol:

As Alex says - what will be will be :shrug:

But HM days are pretty tame and everyone gives each other a wide berth and are courteous and 'relatively' well behaved

I took out insurance for one track day Ross - it cost £70 for 4hrs insurance and the excess was £1500- and the small print states that you're only covered for 'impact' - so if you bin it of your own accord into the kitty litter or tyre wall you're not covered.

This was with Richard Eger - now Reiss- http://www.reis.co.uk/ - who seems to be the most recommended and used on the forums :thumbs:

TBH - you'd only ever claim on track day insurance if you'd had a total loss- in which case you'd prolly not be in a fit state to drive again anyway :lol:

As Alex says - what will be will be :shrug:

But HM days are pretty tame and everyone gives each other a wide berth and are courteous and 'relatively' well behaved

Sweet, I am really looking forward to it, I only have 3/4mm's left on the PS2's so I will have to drive canny till then :lol:

R

Oh and there's bound to be one before April - the first one this year was Feb 7th- was bloody :cold: but as a result I think there were about ten of us there. I doubt they'll do one quite so early for the 2011 season because they lost so much on that one - but you will enjoy it more on your first one if its a bit quieter :thumbs:

Sounds like a plan. What licenses do you hold? What should I look at doing. I seen Knockhill do some driving license courses

A National B Competion Licence is all that you will require Neil and you can get that at Knockhill. :thumbs:

If you are planning to progress then you will require very deep pockets indeed.

Here's some rough figures to give you an idea of what you might have to spend:

Club racing £5,000 - £30,000+

Semi-professional £60,000 - £170,000

BTCC, F3, British GTs £250,000 – £500,000+

These numbers are per annum :thumbs:

To get to be the next Lewis Hamilton... £5,000,000 (no guarantees!)

Ross,

The first suitable date at Knockhill for you will be the "Car Trackday Open Session" event on Saturday 12th February.

The one after that will be Saturday 12th March which is also a "Car Trackday Open Session"

The Hot Marques trackdays are discontinued for season 2011 and have been renamed "Car Trackday Open Session"

There will also be one in April but unsure of the date at the moment.

However, your Hot Marques voucher will still be valid for the CTOS. :thumbs:

You now have plenty time to get your work rota sorted :lol:

Alex. :)

alex, are the rules still the same as hot marques, ie cars worth over 15k so we have no nova's running into us?

I would imagine so Neil, but I do not know for sure, however I reckon that by changing the name from Hot Marques to CTOS might just be an excuse for KRC to change the criteria yet again and to allow older cars and perhaps race cars back out to these sessions. The 15K number was only a deterrent and they were very flexible with it but the numbers were dwindling last year (2010) so this may purely be a commercial decision.

However, the more the merrier as far as I am concerned as it gets extremely boring if there is no one to play with.

There will be no drama as it is pretty well marshalled and Ross should have loads of fun without intrepidation. :drive1

alex, are the rules still the same as hot marques, ie cars worth over 15k so we have no nova's running into us?

I would imagine so Neil, but I do not know for sure, however I reckon that by changing the name from Hot Marques to CTOS might just be an excuse for KRC to change the criteria yet again and to allow older cars and perhaps race cars back out to these sessions. The 15K number was only a deterrent and they were very flexible with it but the numbers were dwindling last year (2010) so this may purely be a commercial decision.

However, the more the merrier as far as I am concerned as it gets extremely boring if there is no one to play with.

There will be no drama as it is pretty well marshalled and Ross should have loads of fun without intrepidation. :drive1

cheers mate, i did realise that they were flexible.

I hope they dont have it like speed sundays etc as that would ruin our fun :thumbdown:

Cant wait to get back out there :drive1

cheers mate, i did realise that they were flexible.

I hope they dont have it like speed sundays etc as that would ruin our fun :thumbdown:

Cant wait to get back out there :drive1

OMG no, it will NEVER be like speed Sundays.

KRC changed the entry level rules trying to entice more of the Ferr, Lambos, Porkers, Mercs, Beemers, Audi, Maserati, but it did not work, so I assume they are now trying to find some common ground here and revert back to before, and invite "lesser" marks to participate to keep the numbers up. Like I said before, a purely commercial decision.

It all adds to the entertainment value though. :thumbs: